Subject Author Posted Replies

oven wiring
Hi, My kitchen redecoration continues at a very slow pace! I am about to build the new oven housing. I have removed the oven from its old cupboard and found the wiring was a bit of a bodge. Some 6mm^2...
5
5

SWIMAT beep codes
My Siemens washer (6102) has become temperamental today. For example, ending a wash cycle early with a 6-beep code and a rinse cycle early with an 8-beep code. Have never had the instruction book, and...
23
23

Roof for a large shed
In message , PeterC writes Google Steadmans, Carlisle. I wouldn't call it cheap though! One issue which I haven't resolved is the foam exposed at the eaves. The under sheet and foam fill is trimmed...
16
16

Shed base - pads?
Has anyone used those ^^ or something like them? I'll be building a small shed (DIY build, not prefab crap) later this year. Maybe 2. I don't want large quanities of concrete - particularly not a...
7
7

Nuisance RCD trips
Currently being driven nuts by the above... I have a split load CU. When the RCD trips, it's only that which goes; ie none of the MCBs trips at the same time which means there's not much for me to go...
16
16

Re: It's official ! DIY recognised by the NHS ...
Doing what exactly yourself, remembering that in times past Diy was aanother term for being autosexual. Brian
3
3

Border glue won't budge
Hi, I'm having a bit of a nightmare removing the glue behind the border which has been put on top of paint. I used a heat gun and scraper to remove the border worked a treat and some of the glue came...
18
18

Searching internet for stolen photographs
I think the answer to this will be - its impossible! Now supposing you find a web site, which contains some photographs, photographs which you are fairly certain will have been lifted from another...
42
42

Bats
That's a mouse with wings:-). http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/63/Bat.JPG
9
9

multitool blades
Hi, Are all multitool blades much the same in terms of life? I was using a 65mm blade to cut through some wooden battens that were attached to a wall. I allowed the blade to go through the wood and...
7
7

Problem with creating a pond
Goal is to create a pond with small pumped water flow over rockery into pond (no fish) I have dug out pond aprox 25' x 5' x 3'.... the garden is one level, I will raise the edge by about 6" all round...
37
37

what thread ?
A 13 mm spanner will fit the nut An m8 nut will just about bite on the threads of the stud The nut measures slightly larger across the flats, @ 13.10mm, than an M8 nu t ,@ 12.82mm The internal...
12
12

Shed roofing felt
Any recommendations for roofing felt for a shed? It will have a new ply roof, so it's a question of what to put on it. I'm after something better than shed felt, which usually ends up in the middle of...
23
23

repairing wood supporting post (pictures)
You can see from the pictures this is a corner post supporting a wooden roof, I will be back out there for a couple of weeks and need to repair this. Replacing the complete post is not an option due...
6
6

Same Day Loans
Are you in a trap unexpected cash problems? Do you like to get out of the f iscal trap? Here you can visit in the right place online to get the best ca sh solution. If you choose the same day loans of...
7
7