Searching internet for stolen photographs

I think the answer to this will be - its impossible!
Now supposing you find a web site, which contains some photographs, photographs which you are fairly certain will have been lifted from another website - is there any way to search the internet, to find where the phograhphs might have been stolen from?
--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Well, TinEye and Google both have reverse image search, they won't necessarily tell you which is the original source, but they'll tell you which sources are similar or identical.
Andy Burns was thinking very hard :

Tineye seems to suggest it maybe only looks for the images name. I've not found the Google facility yet?
--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I'm pretty sure it analyses the actual image

http://www.google.com/imghp
then click on the camera icon.
Andy Burns laid this down on his screen :

That worked and found an exact matches from several commercial sites :-)
Thing is, what do I do about it? The stolen images are on someones Facebook business web site, showing work they are suggesting they have done - but they obviously have just lifted the images from other commercial websites.
There are about 30 images in total all obviuously stolen.
--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 21:35:52 +0100, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Report it to Faceache, not that I expect them to do anything about it. Are the images on the Faceasache pages hot links back to the orginals or are they hosted on facebroke?
If hot links tell the owners, they can then replace thos hot linked images with something else. Maybe the same image with "stolen from xxx" over laid. That's what I have done on occasion when I've spotted hot links to stuff on my site. Need to have a differently named copy and alter the sites code to the new name so that the real site doesn't have the overlay.
You could probably get really clever and have the overlay only visible when other than permitted sites request the image.
--
Cheers
Dave.
Dave Liquorice wrote:

if the http referer: (sic) for any image is someone else's website, redirect to a suitable replacement ...
Yes, that's what I do now. I never see images hotlinked from my site since I put this in place:
http://www.cemh.eclipse.co.uk/Test/HotLinkTest.html
On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 22:19:17 +0100, Andy Burns

It happens that Dave Liquorice formulated :

No, they have been lifted and pasted to Facebook.
--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
On 05/08/2013 21:35, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Trading standards? (mind, they were useless last time I tried to complain)
Andy
Harry Bloomfield scribbled...

All images on Failbook automatically become the property of Failbook.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/04/29/err_act_landgrab/

Not if the poster is not the copyright holder. i.e. if they were posted illegally then they have no rights.
--
(\__/) M.
On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 21:35:52 +0100, Harry Bloomfield

http://www.businessinsider.com/tor-assassins-and-hitmen-2013-3?op=1
On 05/08/13 22:25, The Other Mike wrote:

I guess our polliticians are too busty USING this service to worry about the fact its actually available.
Of course, its a magic scam. Take the $10,000 and disappear. I mean, who do you complain to?
"I paid $10,000 up front to get my missus topped, and I've been had" wont go down too well with trading standards.
And if it were that cheap and it were real how come Tony Blair is still alive?
--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) – a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Notify the original coyright owners for a start ...
On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 21:35:52 +0100, Harry Bloomfield

On 05/08/13 21:35, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

If they were in the public domain with zero actual copyrighting or anything then arguable tough shit.
They haven't been stolen because no ownership was ever asserted.
--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) – a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Just wondering why it's a concern to you? It doesn't sound like the images are yours ...

In the UK you don't have to assert copyright, it's automatic.
Andy Burns wrote:

I took it that he was cheesed off that a company was advertising fraudulently saying that they had done work that they had not (were using photos of others work).

F Murtz expressed precisely :

Precisly - it is a local rogue 'company' touting for work via a web site. The point is, no one with any sense would trust them to do any of the jobs they suggest they can do on the website, but its possible someone might be taken in by the photos. Anything beyond digging a hole in the ground, is completely beyond their technical ability.
They have completely misrepresented their limited abilities on their site and that is my main concern.
--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 6:55:55 AM UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:

In the UK, and in all other countries which are signatories to the Berne convention. That has included the USA for more than 20 years now.