Stolen Tools Insurance Update

Well, my insurance company finally got back to me today and informed me that they'll be covering the full replacement cost of my stolen items (~$3400) minus only about $150 in depreciation. I'm satisfied to say the least and will be sticking with them for the long haul!

Now, the fun begins... Tool shopping time!

Brian.

Reply to
Brian

Yiu can go to the local pawn shops and crack houses and purchase you tools back for about $500-800 and have enough to take SWMBO on a nice vacation.

Reply to
rllipham

Good luck on pawn shops. I was in several the other day looking for a guitar and the prices they wanted for tools were unbelievable. They actually wanted more for a thoroughly beat DeWalt recipro saw than a brand new one! Saw circular saws with cut cords and bent bases for well over $100. Drills that looked like they had been dragged behind a pickup for $80+. Decided that I'd stick to garage sales and new stuff and the occasional bit of ebay.

Tim Douglass

"It's just eighth-grade Sewickley." Chuck Knox

Reply to
Tim Douglass

I guess it's where you shop and who you know. I've been to the pawn shops in Reno, NV with my son's FIL and he knows the owner of the chain of pawn shops there and is a regular customer/browser. I paid about 50% of what the nail gun was marked. My son's FIL said the owner told him he makes his $$$ on the interest he gets for pawned items and what he sells in the shop doesn't make him much. Locally, one of the shops is willing to 'negotiate' the price and I usually get at least 10% off the marked price. Also, they are more flexible if I ask the price of several items together ...like a month ago when I bought a brand new Dewalt drill/circular saw combo along with a slightly used Dewalt planer both for $445 and together they were marked IIRC $500.

Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote