Subject Author Posted Replies

Please help me get my fountain working again
My porch has a fountain in it! It looks a bit like this: Brian, that's a fountain where a trickle of water comes out of a lion's mouth into a little trough. It originally simply had a mains water feed...
20
20

RICS Home Survey
We're buying a bungalow and had our offer of £300k accepted. The bungalow and the surrounding properties were built in 1987, which makes it 35 years old and the people who own it have never skimped...
23
23

OT: RAC, cynical? Me?
Last year I was wondering when my RAC cover was due to renew. I had bother logging in, forgot about and it renewed shortly after. Yesterday my spider senses must have been tingling because I wondered...
12
12

the new smart tv
Not so smart it is the only telly where you have to push 01 on the remote for channel one...load of piss
6
6

"MOES Home" smart thermostat oddities.
Possibly connected to an "app" update. Woke up this morning to a cold house. My Smart thermostat was offline. After an hour of faffing, I finally re-paired it to the app (It's a Zigbee wireless...
5
5

Strange USB PSU issue and a merry dance
USB wallwart, supplied power to a RPi, which subsequently fed USB power to my weather stations display. RPi logs data and provides a web site. Display had batteries, for independence when not on USB...
7
7

DIY mains power consumption meter
Since it was mentioned in another thread, and I had the spare parts to hand, I built one. The project is here: DIY Real time mains power meter - DIYWiki DIY Real time mains power meter - DIYWiki
36
36

Blowing air into dusty laptop keyboard or hoovering it?
My laptop keyboard is dusty AF. I have a powerful hair dryer but I have no hoover. What could possibly happen if I blow [cold of course] air into my keyboard vs sucking it out with a hoover?
13
13

Colin Furze Dream Workshop
's mad. Worth following THANK YOU ALL FOR MAKING THIS POSSIBLE. For BIG Projects like the Tie Fighter i have use of a barn, this is the tour and how i made it. To get your Limited Edition Bundle box...
3
3

OT: Dubai lamps
I watched Big Clive's video last night on the Philips Dubai lamp: If this lamp is as good as claimed, it seems odd that it is only sold in Dubai. I wonder if this is for legal reasons (agreement with...
18
18

Plusnet support Is Bob Holden still in here?
I take back what I have said in the past. Been on the phone for over an hour trying to get them to follow up on a problem I reported earlier in the week. I can send sms text messages on my landline...
6
6

So much for getting a pro in
You have to wonder sometimes! Son wanted Dad's taxi to take him back to uni the other day. When we got there I commented that it was a bit chilly in the house. He said, yes the heating was not working...
10
10

Backup / imaging software
What do the people recommend as a backup system for a single PC? I have tried Norton Ghost (discontinued), Acronis True Image (replaced by Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office - too much unnecessary...
31
31

Slightly flaking leather office chair
I have a very comfortable office chair puchased from Costco a few years ago. I've just noticed the leather on one corner of one arm has some flaking of the tpop surface. Has anyone found a solution...
7
7

None-stick, sticking
I have a not that old small frying pan, bought as a none stick omelette pan. The none-stick surface is a light grey colour and is undamaged, perfect. When first bought, eggs and omelettes didn't even...
24
24