Subject Author Posted Replies

Looks like a good deal
No rotary stop but I have a big ugly JCB for that. http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Clearance/d50/Power+Tools/sd3150/AEG+BH22E+2kg+SDS%2B+Hammer+Drill/p97858

OT?: Do not shout at your computer
"ING Bank?s main data center in Bucharest, Romania, was severely damaged over the weekend during a fire extinguishing test. In what is a very rare but known phenomenon, it was the loud sound of inert...
2
2

Bath tap connection repair; hints please
The connection between the pipework and the cold tap on our bath is leaking. Only very slowly, but enough to run down the pipe and drip onto the concrete floor, where it soaks in but stays damp. It's...
10
10

Wing mirror finished
All put back together. Solid as a rock and all electrical functions working. Ya boo sucks to the nay-sayers! ;-) Tim Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos...
6
6

OT: Vacuum causes blindness?
I'm surprised this never happens - hasn't anyone ever sucked their eyeball out with a hoover? Or would your eyelid shut and protect it? I only found this toddler almost doing it:
6
6

OT Moon causes earthquakes?
It’s long been argued that ‘tidal stress’ might be to blame for earthquakes, but evidence for it has proved elusive
6
6

Key for old door lock
I have a number of doors in my early Victoria house with large door locks of a simple kind (about 6"x4.5") attached to the outside of the door, with a flange on the side of the door. I'm wondering...
29
29

Stacking A/V units - ideas needed
We've just redecorated the lounge and I need to come up with a new way to mount the A/V units (amp, freeview, freesat, blu-ray) and to house (and hide) the associated junk (wifi link, ethernet switch,...
8
8

Brick based democracy

Thermal expansion of shower waste pipe
I'm about to fit a new shower tray. The bathroom waste pipe, to the drain, is EN-1566 (PVC) but the trap takes EN-1455 (ABS) pipe; both about 40 mm. I gather that solvent welding PVC to ABS isn't...
8
8

Resurfacing driveway
Hi All, We have a tarmac drive which is looking a bit tired and has had a couple of trenches dug across it to lay some pipes and these have been concreted ove r... Today a guy knocked at the door...
23
23

Join between supporting wall and plasterboard.
Our staircase goes straight up the middle of the house (as opposed to, what I think is more usual, an outside wall). Consequently, there is a join between supporting walls downstairs, and the thin...
6
6

Lead acid Positive plates problem
Hello everyone, I am in the process of resurrecting a lot of lead acid Cells that I washed out, dried and sealed in the 1980's I shipped about 100 back to UK from th e Oil Company in the United Arab...
6
6

Power meter
On one cct I would like to record the power over time .... kwh would be simplest measurement. I know you can get small kwh modules such as .... Though these are instantaneous ... need something that...
36
36

TRV acceptable in airing cupboard
Thanks - fingers crossed.