Stacking A/V units - ideas needed

We've just redecorated the lounge and I need to come up with a new way to mount the A/V units (amp, freeview, freesat, blu-ray) and to house (and hide) the associated junk (wifi link, ethernet switch, a couple of wallwarts, slave power widget and an extension lead). Previously I mounted some glass shelves between wooden end cheeks but I want something a bit more stylish now. Ideas so far include: - re-using the glass shelves and turning-up some s/s or acrylic cylinders to act as spacers for a stack (but I can't come-up with a smart enough base) - devise something to act as cantilever supports for each of the existing glass shelves and mount then to the wall individually - make a bit of furniture (but I would prefer a minimalist look)
What have other people made or bought to solve the problem?
On 13-Sep-16 5:56 PM, snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com wrote:

Heals is normally quite stylish, but I don't think much of their AV stuff.
https://www.heals.com/furniture/living-room/storage/av-units.html
On 13/09/2016 18:01, GB wrote:

Not quite what I had in my mind's eye and some of the prices are <cough> "interesting"
snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com wrote:

I have the same problem, but with 19" units and a record player. I need a walnut cabinet, also a problem.
On Tuesday, 13 September 2016 17:56:19 UTC+1, snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com wrote:

I bought a small Ikea Besta free-standing shelving unit, and put some glass shelves in it. It's really quite solid, available in a number of colours, and very good value.
On 13/09/2016 17:56, snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com wrote:

Mine and all the wires are all concealed inside a custom built oak cabinet with a remote repeater located just under the TV. The only time I open the oak doors is to insert a DVD.
Mike

One thing I would do is to build a false 'wall' behind your entire unit. Which allows cable to be routed behind it. Decent ply is best as it will take near any load - like shelf brackets, etc. And if you have things like vinyl. the loads can be very high.
As regards spacers, I had some glass ones made up slightly smaller than the glass shelves so they 'float' between them. I'll post a link to some pics later.
--
*Is there another word for synonym?

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q309/trakkies/20160914_121617_zpsbgjrglxj.jpg
--
*I started out with nothing... and I still have most of it.

Thanks, that looks good but I only need to support the A/V boxes so am homing-in on something more minimalist. Perhaps something DIY'd and based on this sort of thing www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110785023657 with cable management, shelf edge lighting and an opaque black glass, open-backed, box for the wifi, enet switch and other bits'n'pieces.