Subject Author Posted Replies

Car/bike electrical connector suppliers
I keep needing to buy a variety of car/motorbike electrical connectors - the kind of N-way crimp connectors used for wiring up auxiliary circuits, often with weirdly shaped plastic housings....
15
15

Garage door torsion spring retention.
The torsion spring on my garage door transmits load to the door through a large threaded "collar" end fitting similar to those shown on this google image search. However unless it is broken, there...
13
13

(from B&Q) Blooma "Tinos" PIR-LED lamp
Just stopped working - new batteries - still nothing. Any point even trying to investigate ? Blooma Tinos White Battery powered External PIR battery light - B&Q for all your home and garden supplies...
1
1

Good service (Crosslee)
Our 26 year old White Knight gas tumble drier has been playing up of late with the timer failing to "count down" occasionally. I dug out the manual and found the original timer part number but that...

Paint has leaked behind glazing in front door
Please help! Last week we had a new front door fitted by someone we found through checkatrade. The door came glazed but untreated. He primed and then gloss painted for us. It was dark when he left and...
21
21

Should a standard 'yale' type lock need to be turned back to extract the key?
My daughter's house has a standard 'yale' type lock on the side door, one that slams shut and opens with an ordinary 'yale' key. When the key has been turned far enough to open the door it needs to go...
7
7

'Kinetic' doorbells, any good, anyone got one?
In relation to my 'mains doorbells' thread while searching I have come across 'kinetic' doorbells. The sender/bell-push uses the energy provided by the user pushing the button to provide power, so...
3
3

Recommendations for an induction hob please
We're planning for an induction hob in our refurbished kitchen. Three (preferred) or four 'zones'. Already got the correct pots and pans. Don't want a full hob+grill+oven, just the hob to drop into a...
23
23

How do they work?
Got a set of Xmas lights. Gawd knows how they do them at the price. Blue and White. PS/controller gives a variety of programmes. Including flashing the blue and white alternately, or all on together....
13
13

TRV replacement heads
Following a suggestion in here that thermostatic radiator valve heads can age and fail, I checked for availability and pricing on our 22 year old Mysons. It appears that these require a thread adapter...
3
3

CH drain point leaking
It keeps dripping frequently. Redoing it up makes no difference. But why... do these things use O rings? NT
15
15

Are there any 'all mains' doorbells at reasonable prices?
I'm after a doorbell (preferably one which has two or more sounders) which doesn't use batteries at all. I.e. both the button(s) and the sounders are mains powered. I don't even mind all that much if...
61
61

Socket Back Box Screw Thread
I have removed a twin socket from its back box. When I came to fit the socket back in, I realised that one of the threaded lugs for securing the socket to the box has in the past has had the thread...
18
18

New Aerial socket
Just getting around to changing plastic to brushed chrome for all the sockets and switches in kitchen. There is a TV Aerial outlet for a small TV. The signal is not great - Would I be better to use a...
25
25

[ot] phone chargers
Hello, I bought an unbranded wall-wart to usb output charger from CPC, hoping to use it to charge my mobile phone or tablet (both are Samsung). When I connect either device using the original Samsung...
23
23