'Kinetic' doorbells, any good, anyone got one?

In relation to my 'mains doorbells' thread while searching I have come across 'kinetic' doorbells. The sender/bell-push uses the energy provided by the user pushing the button to provide power, so there is no battery in the bell-push. The sounder is a conventional mains powered device.
It sounds like exactly what I want but I'd like to know if they really work well before buying one.
--
Chris Green
·

On Tuesday, 13 December 2016 09:48:05 UTC, Chris Green wrote:

I think MK use this type of thing for their wireless light switches, so the technology is sound. In fact you could use one of those switches (if they come in momentary action) to run your desired mains powered bell.
Lucky Golden Hedgehog "Visitor Makes Happy Tinkle" doorbell may be a less successful implementation, of course.
Owain
snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

:-)
The commonest brand seems to be "Mi Chime", see:-
http://www.responseelectronics.com/door-bells-c3/michime-doorbells-c58
There are some cheaper clones around too though if you search for 'kinetic doorbell'.
--
Chris Green
·

On Tuesday, 13 December 2016 09:48:05 UTC, Chris Green wrote:

The few I've encountered worked well.
NT