Whats the best hedge trimmer?

My Bro is looking at the Stihl HS80, its around $350 I think. I was just wondering if anyone else had used one they could really recommend.
Thanks,
Dean
we use the stihl and shindowa gas trimmers on our rentals . i think they are the best ,compared to the cheeper junk we tried first. lucas

I agree with Meehan re depends on how much you are willing to spend - I have both corded and cordless trimmers by Black and Decker, and they serve me well. The cordless is two years old, an 18v rechargeable, mod. no. NHT518, available at Amazon.com for 79.95 It will trim for about an hour before needing a recharge. Stays sharp, lightweight, handy.
I think he wants more power than rechargeable, and bigger spaces between the cutting knives so he can slice through bigger branches, which is why he likes the Stihl. To be honest B&D are not professional machines by any stretch.
dean wrote:

What is best sot of depends on what you like and need. The best I have every had is the one I have now. It is a Black&Decker battery model. Works great, no wires no gas, no starting problems and very little noise. If I needed it for commercial use all day every day, I doubt if I would feel the same way.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit