Door lock pins?

I have a mortise lock on my front entrance door. It was jammed recently and it would not fully retract when I turned the cylinder key to open the door. After I freed it I remove the lock and examine the parts. The deadbolt appears to be OK. It was jammer because it was out of alignment and hence caught in the plate of the opposing door. It appears it is out of alignment because there are supposed (from what I can tell) two "pins" that are supposed to hold the dead bolt in its tracks. But these two pins are not there. So I need to get two new pins, or may be that won't help since there must be a reason those two pins are gone in the first place. What I am wondering is, what do you call these pins? Is there a name for them, I tried to do a search on this but not going to work unless I know what they are called.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file
Upload is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.