What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

Thats where AIDS came from.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

'British' = your slang.

Look at what the British have done to it in the last 250 years. Talk about bastardizing! You're your own worst ennemy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Which only proves that you're not the supermen you claim to be, nor careful enough in a war zone.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

if you don't like it that Americans own handguns, start knocing on doors and tell the homeowner to surrender all waepons. You might as well start here in Florida, becasue there are plenty of hungry 'gators who don't mind a little lead in their food.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Wy don't you just ignore the thread if you can't handle it?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Sure! He's another liar, like Hawkie.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The card in 'his' pocket lets him out of the asylum, but only to go to work. Even they don't wantr him running loose.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

A hell of a lot more than you ever will.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

In message , J. Clarke writes

I'm sitting here with a beer having a good laugh at you

It's just so easy

Ha ha

YTC

Reply to
raden

I served during Vietnam era, but never saw combat. I had severe health problems, but a very good background in electronics so they drafted me, after telling me I couldn't enlist because of five separate

4F ratings. I was legally disabled when I was drafted, but I served. I tested out of the three year electronics school for broadcast engineer while I was in basic training, and skipped AIT. It was a few years ago those problems got so bad that I can no longer work.

Only one person in seven in the US military ever sees combat. Some people don't understand that. There is more to a fighting force than the front line, and everything has to work properly, or those at the front line all die.

Good for you. :) Were you an MP or SP wile in the military? A lot of the better police officers got their training that way. I only met a couple bad ones while in the US Army. I bet that they all remembered me for a while. It's amazing what a quick talk with their watch commander can do when they screw up. :) I worked 'Weathervision' at Ft. Rucker and had several try to keep me from doing my duty. All the watch commander had to hear was 'Weathervision' and the MP got yelled at, and reminded that if our group didn't get their job done, the helicopter school had to shut down.

I received a letter of commendation from my commanding General for my work to resurrect a totally screwed up AFRTS TV station. I ignored that everything was depot level work, and fixed everything in the station. Then the station manager tried to have me court martailed for 'dereliction of duty' for the work I did. It was quickly dropped, and I was promoted. :)

I went back into electronics after I left the service. At my last job I was building telemetry equipment for a lot of US government agencies, some that are still under NDA.

Not really. I was just responding to your jab. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It looks like its getting closer to that day:

Michael A. Terrell

By the time anybody started giving "smallpox infected blankets" to the Indians the indigenous population had already been decimated. Sad fact, Native Americans, North and South, had no immunity--it spread like crazy.

As for bounties on scalps, I'm not sure what your point is. Where the Spanish arrived it wasn't scalps, it was hearts, and on a production line basis.

And how exactly are the English responsible for that?

Reply to
J. Clarke

And what would it be if guns in the US were banned? That's the point you miss--you assume that if the US had laws similar to those in whatever workers paradise you inhabit then the homicide rate would also be similar. But you have no evidence to support that contention.

Reply to
J. Clarke

So your purpose was to start a debate for your own amusement?

May as well plonk the newsgroup you rode in on. Hell, I think I'll plonk the whole uk. heirarchy while I'm about it.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Right!

Reply to
willshak

"700$" No thanks, I always get more than that. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You were boring from the moment you stuck your snout into RCM.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You're a 'tool' alright.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

People, people. It was Bill Brysons book about language that asserted, I don't know with what justification, that the current US "drawl" is more like the accent used by Elizabethan English - i.e. when the Mayflower set sail - than the current English accent that comes from a load of Germans, Dutch and Greeks that we brought over 200 years ago to rule us. So you guys are actually closer to original English than we, the English, are.

Reply to
Dave Gordon

generating more interest

Amendment at work. Don't

just ignoring this

subject degenerates into a

occupy your synapses?

the Second Amendment is

to members of a

Even though the Amendment itself limits the right to a "well-regulated militia".

I guess its only a matter of time before someone says "Because the good lord made it so", and we are then allowed to let this thread die... 'alf a mo'. I just did say it. Can we stop now?

Reply to
Dave Gordon