What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

the Second Amendment is

to members of a

Define well regulated and militia in the terms of year it was laid on paper.

Try the Oxford Dictionary of 1788

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Yes, and where is the limiting parts?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

True indeed. I should have said "the pox" or Frenchman's Disease, or Travelers Disease or...

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Im partially Ojibwa indian.

Glad to have been of help

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

(...you'll be sorry if you ask about the other parts...)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

to your shore. Was it

to it over the years.

errrr.....whoops..sorry about that....but you did give us Twiggy....

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

An empty office can't pass bad bills, so what's your problem?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The "militia" consisted of all able bodied men. It was not limited to a government-sponsored military force.

Reply to
Just Wondering

Perhaps so, but so what? As you point out, some posters consider much of what is said idiotic. It does no need to cry about it, and those who do any way are well on the road to becoming anal retentive. Usenet is a forum for people to speak out. If they are speaking out on an off-topic subject and you want to stay on-topic, just mark the whole thread as "read" and get on with your life.

Reply to
Just Wondering

Well, I guess that would be the three where this inane discussion is taking place, wouldn't it?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

NO, NO, NO. I killfile the idiots first. Most never have anything to say about the group they are responding to anyway. When I killfile some of these people, my list of posts sometimes lessen by 20%. They must need to get a life to get on with.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

When you skip an OT thread, you've saved yourself from having to see it. When you killfile a poster, though, you not only eliminate the OT stuff, you also prevent yourself from seeing any good on-topic stuff from his as well. As long as you are OK with that, by all means killfile away.

Reply to
Just Wondering

Ok, since the conversation(s) have wandered a bit afield, I'm happy to help you out with this subthread by prepending "[OT]" to the subject so you can filter more conveniently for all three of this newsgroup.

HTH

Morris Dovey

I think his point is valid for any of them.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

First of all, Morris, thank you for the response to my part of thread some way back...(You know the one, and I don't give a rat's ass if nobody else does.. =o) Now, about the inanity of it all (If it isn't a word, maybe it is now?) Sometimes I like it when a thread wanders a bit. The discussion may not be on topic, but it can still be informative. Then again, sometimes the beak throttles up-side pocket.... if you catch my drift.

Robatoy

Yadadadadadadadadadaaaaa

Reply to
clifto

I even had the lyric wrong. It's "Life could be a dream".

Reply to
willshak

What you're ignoring is that the entire first part of that is commentary. The actual meat of the amendment says simply and eloquently, "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The grammatical construction of the first part sounds stilted in today's world, but translating it into modernese, it says "Because a well-regulated militia is necessary to the security of a free State..."

Reply to
clifto

You guys sure are beating a dead dog......at least as far as this thread goes. If we go way back, before the "Founding Fathers", to the early colonists.....they were required to keep arms and powder. They had to bring their guns to church and to town meetings. They were also required by law to keep provisions in their homes in order to feed travellers. Also required to be members of the church in order to vote. Some ornery characters in Connecticut, whom I am distantly related to, didn't go for that. Seriously religious, church-goin' folks, some of whom sentenced Quakers - male or female - to be lashed "twenty stripes" on their bare backs whilst being pulled by a cart out of the jurisdiction. But, they weren't as conservative as they sound...the law generally was that a man had to leave at least one-third of his estate to his wife, and there were always officials charged with caring for the poor.

Reply to
Norminn

Here is an interesting take on the matter of militia vs. army, from someone who should know:

Norminn