What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

I don't know what a buzz cut is, but I suspect that it is a cut of the hair that can not be grabbed/held.

Most police officers in the UK have the same short cut, for the same reasons.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

In the UK if we had the right to carry a gun and be immune to defending ourselves against a mugger with a knife, or a burglar in the house, then I am all for it.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Do you understand nurfink?

Reply to
raden

My uncle went to the hospital with 109 bruises and 16 contusions. What happened, you ask? He hit a golf ball in a tile bathroom. yuk jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

But what about the ones that were on your right hand?

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

Back in the early to mid 70's when I was living with my grandparents and had grown my hair to about my belt loops, Grandpa and I went to the store one evening. Saw the ugliest looking person you ever saw. Grandpa asked him, "What happened to you?" The guy answered, "I got my ponytail caught in the lathe at work!"

Yikes

5 minutes later and several aisles over, Grandpa told me, "I ain't gonna ever tell you to get your hair cut again."

Didn't have long hair very much after that.

Reply to
user

Man, these stories are piling up. My 1943 edition of _How to Run a Lathe_ doesn't say anything about it. d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Mine has not been that long in a couple of years now. 1/6" on the sides, uh, even less on top. Eliminates a lot of problems and is easy to style in the morning.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

G'day all, While at Tech, doing my apprenticeship we where warned never to wear jewellery, including rings in the work shop. (Although some of the instructors wore ties). To drive home the message several large posters of photographs were displayed. One that I've never forgotten was of a finger with a wedding ring and a long piece of string like stuff protruding from where it had been torn from a hand. This was a tendon that had stayed attached and pulled out from the shoulder. No use or very little left in the blokes arm. My wedding ring was worn on my wedding day and has stayed in a box at home ever since.

regards John

Reply to
John B

A kid at the highschool where a friend's wife teaches always wore baggy track pants to school - regimental. Thought he was IT.

One day he somehow got his drawstring caught (wrapped around) on the wood lathe. Got a few good wraps of the track pants wound up too. They got the lathe stopped in time to save "the boys" - but JUST. Didn't faze the idiot at all - - -

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

(((snip)

Well, being in high school, he probably hadn't reproduced yet. So this counts as interfering with natural selection?

aem sends...

Reply to
ameijers
[ ... ]

[ ... ]

[ ... ]

Ouch!

I simply have a fake carabiner clip hanging from my belt with my keys on it. Whenever I step into the shop, my wedding ring and my watch move to that clip and stay there until I exit the shop again. And none of my machines have moving parts at the level of that carabiner, or I would move *it* to a hook on the wall by the door. (It is a personal hobby shop, so I don't have to worry about them growing legs while I'm working. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

'Buzz Cut' draws its name from the buzzing sound the clippers make as they ride along the scalp. Think electric dog clippers- basically the same thing. The buzz is 60hz, from the alternating line current, that is used to move the heads back and forth. In UK, it would be a 50hz buzz. You hear it right through your skull. I had buzz cuts as a kid, until I looked in the mirror one day around 4th or 5th grade. I had a pony tail as a teenager, but am back to above-the collar now. The current buzz-cut fad, presumably war-inspired, leaves me cold.

aem sends...

Reply to
ameijers

You SURE don't want to go into your shop without pants. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Then your aunt beat him with his golf clubs for breaking the mirror, window and glass shower doors.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

AKA a 'burr' haircut like you get when you enter basic training or boot camp. About 1/8" long.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You are not supposed to that the 'arm saw' part literally.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Only if you're a good shot.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I understant that you're aren't qualified to own a gun, in your nanny state.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

They were smart enough to keep short hair back then, when common sense, was still common.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell