What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

While I am a life member of the NRA, this is more fund raising and s**t disturbing.

In most cases a single member in either house can place a "hold" on a bill. Thus all of the gun legislation was passed with at least the tacit cooperation of the so-called "pro gun" legislators.

This again appears to be more punch-n-judy show for the suckers, er... ah .. campaign contributors and voters.

Unka' George [George McDuffee] ============ Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.

F. George McDuffee

Not to mention us new members.

I forgot to mention that the sweet young thing offered me a lifetime membership at the reduced rate of $700. I told her she'd have to reduce it a hell of a lot more than that before it was a good deal for me...

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Aldi don't always have drills on special, but Walmart always has ammo :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

'English', not British, was the language that your founding fathers brought to your shore. Was it the Mayflower that was one of the first ships to land and populate that land?

It was you that chose to bastardise it, by ignoring the changes that we made to it over the years. Hence we talk the same language, but do not understand each other

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Oh, hell, the French, the Spaniards, and the Dutch had been here for years before the Mayflower. Except for the Dutch, they were here for nearly a century before the English settlement at Jamestown, for that matter. The English were come-latelies to North America.

I don't think we have much trouble understanding you. As for the differences in punctuation and spelling, your source of today's accepted standards is the same as ours: typesetters of the 17th and 18th centuries. We just had different typesetters. And we had Noah Webster.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

So if the gun itself isn't the nutter, the gun is owned BY the nutter.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Now Dave, don't get your shorts all knotted up. The main US language is still English. We both have idioms that the other does not understand. We also have a segment that is unintelligible even to us, like you and your cockney, and that rhyming thing that no one understands. Besides, you no longer talk like the Pilgrims either. And let's not mention Beowulf and the Canterbury Tales. They might as well have been written in German. When it is important, we speak the same language.

Reply to
willshak

I so wish I had a ballot. That said, it does not render my views and my ability to express them as impotent. It's that 'forest-from-the-trees' thing, Morris.

I peek over the fence and worry myself sick.

A lot of my peers were on loan to Iran to build their electrical networks. They made a lot of friends. So many Iranians we'd love to have as neighbours. What's with the war drums?

Won't you add impeachement to you arsenal of keyboard and ballot?

respectfully,

Robatoy

And then it's the "nutter", the ownership or possession of firearm by which is unlawful everywhere in the United States, who commits the murder.

Now, why it is that killing someone with underwear is OK with you but not if a firearm is used?

Reply to
J. Clarke

The bigest problems with having so many guns is that.

1) the nutters can get them more easily. 2) borderline nutters can get them easily. 3) young kids can, and do, get them to play with and kill others by mistake much too often. 4) killing or injuring someone at a distance is so easy,

And the reason that guns should be much more closely controlled is that with almost all other weapons you have to get close to the person you injure/kill.

But by controlled I mean that all guns and ammunition should be easily identifiable and the original owner made equally responsible for their use or misuse, with no exceptions at all, unless that owner could prove that they had sold the gun/ammo to another identifiable responsible person. Regrettably at this time that could not happen in any country where the law often lets people totally avoid responsibility. However if it could be achieved the level of gun related crime/accidents would drop at an amazing rate.

Reply to
Jerome Meekings

True. Federal courts have consistently held that the right to bear arms in the Second Amendment is an individual right, not a right belonging to a "well regulated militia" or to members of a militia.

Reply to
Just Wondering

I do not know you, but I assure you that killing another human being, either takes a 'flash' decision, or a calculated one. If I need to keep the supply lines open to my brothers in the field, I'd take out the opposition with a .50 caliber. Even from 2000 yards. No need to be close-up and personal.

If I need to rid the neighbourhood from a low-life who raped my ( or anybody's) 14-year-old daughter...I'd prefer to use my bare hands. I wouldn't want a weapon. I'd want his last view of the world to be my smile.

Killing is either strategic, or personal.

Robatoy

Have any statistics to support any of those contentions?

Uh, you _want_ to get close to someone who is trying to kill you because?

Pie in the sky. Tell us a proven method of accomplishing all this "easy identification" that does not create another huge government beaurocracy.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Why don't you guys take this discussion to GUNS "R" US?

Reply to
Ralph

Because then we wouldn't have the pleasure of your intelligent input.

Reply to
Robatoy

doesn't it amaze you how every thread that might possibly involve an OT subject degenerates into a pro/anti gun arguement? don't you guys have something better with which to occupy your synapses? "

.
Reply to
William Noble

I seem to recall a similar shared "Whut the hell...?" between the UK term 'Bum Bag' = USA term 'Fanny Pack' Going either way it could be considered an insult if one was looking for a reason to be insulted.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Those are at hand..waiting in the wings. Think of them as claymores for when the gomers human wave the wire...

Interesting and thought provoking pictures eh?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Shit..when I went to war..I wore a mohawk most of the time.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

No such claims were ever made. We do however claim to understand American.

Now Redbone, clatz the dog while ranching the skeeter.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner