What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

That's fun, but it takes a lot of time. I just say, "Excuse me a minute, I'll be right back." Then I put down the phone and read a book or something. Five minutes later I just hang up the phone.

I was having fun with the young ladies from the NRA the other night, though. I just couldn't say no in the end. d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

They were tying up my business phoneline, and I only had a single line in the shop.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

generating more interest

Amendment at work. Don't

by just ignoring this

subject degenerates into a

occupy your synapses?

in the Second Amendment is

or to members of a

CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES:

The Bill of Rights:

Michael A. Terrell

I had one collection agency caller (10 calls between 7 AM and 7:45 AM) taken off the case and calls stopped because of the harassment they got when they called my number. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Did you hear about the SUV that offered the gun a ride? They went out and ran over a guy, and then shot him.

Both free on lease.....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Why is it that the places with the highest gun crime rate (Wash DC, LA, NYC) also have the strictest gun control?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Can you give us an example of severe gun control reducing violence? Look to Washington DC, New York City, and Los Angeles as possible examples to prove your point. Also, the United Kingdom and Australia may help make your point.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That's right, the right of THE PEOPLE (not the militia) to keep arms shall not be infringed.

Reply to
Just Wondering

But the need for a well-regulated militia is what is stated first and succinctly. You conveniently ignore that. The right of the people to bear arms flows from the necessity of a well-regulated militia. There is a hierarchy here in the flow and ordering of the statements concerning how and why the rights are bestowed by the constitution.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Nice protest, but what if it was? What if that choice got the most votes?

Reply to
Dave Gordon

Neither wins and are not allowed to run again that round. Do another election in that area until they get it right. I am thinking this would happen once at most and then people would tire of playing head games with politicians and just vote in whoever.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

generating more interest

Amendment at work.

others, by just ignoring

subject degenerates into a

occupy your synapses?

the Second Amendment

or to members of a

Amendment dozens of

right to bear arms to

Its right there, in the same sentence.

Reply to
Dave Gordon

to your shore. Was it

to it over the years.

Oh for goodness sake you gave us Lloyd Grossman. Lets call it even.

Reply to
Dave Gordon

(you do know he means the brush you clean the toilet with, don't you?)

Reply to
Dave Gordon

Count the number of postings in this thread. Divide by the number of letters in the average post. Multiply by .084757836 and you get the secret code for "idiot".

People screeching in this newsgroup on OT subjects have the credibility of anyone screeching from atop a step ladder on the corner in a major city.

Everything in its time and place. Usenet has provided a place for bloggers and kooks to get an imprisoned audience where they can spew their spew cheaply. They just don't have the common sense to know that they look like idiots, and are read mostly by other idiots.

Were they credible debaters, statesmen, politicians, informed voters, or just the common Joe interested in current events, they'd spend half as much time ACTIVELY following these events and making a change.

And just because it has most posts doesn't mean that it has the most interest. There is a legion of people here who post endlessly, but nothing about the actual topic of the newsgroup.

You DO remember the topic of this newsgroup, don't you? No? Sigh .....................

I bet you go to parties and gatherings and just screech and prattle on endlessly about whatever you want, and are terminal boors.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

| You DO remember the topic of this newsgroup, don't you? No? Sigh

Which of the three newsgroups you posted to is "this newsgroup"?

:-)

Morris Dovey

Hardly so.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

What you seem to be missing, laddyboyo..is that when gun ownership was totally unrestricted in the UK and the US..the murder rate was even lower in both countries.

London reported (1) firearms murder in 1890, when firearms were readily available at any hardware store and any self respecting gent or lady didnt leave home without one.

If one removes the gang murders between minority groups competing for drug territory..the murder rate between the UK and the US falls to just within a few points.

So if its not the availiblity of firearms that is the root cause of the problem..and thats been demonstrated aptly by many nations, including Switzerland..it has to be something else.

"Its the culture, stupid", or the culture of groups within the society.

You can blither all you wish, but guns cause crime like flies cause garbage.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

reach a state of mind

It should be noted that of serial murderers..damned few used any sort of firearm, most were up close and personal.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner