Social Security Number

Page 5 of 11  


Hang on I know I have one. Last time I saw it, it was in my drawer right next to my certificate from the Frobisher Bay School For Alien Impersonators on TV and Film..
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

A grocer doesn't wrap up cabbages, the produce supplier does. It was Clare who came up with the silly number of $141 to ship a single cabbage 200 miles. And I'm the foolish one? All I did was point out it's obviously BS and that he based it in part on shipping a pallet of cabbages. The shipping rate he posted is less for smaller loads. So, yes, the produce shipper would package them in smaller packages. The one head at a time was a sarcastic exageration, which was obviously too much for you to compute. You swallowed the $141 BS, quite nicely though.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

# A grocer doesn't wrap up cabbages, the produce # supplier does.
Redirection noted and ignored
# It was Clare who came up with the silly # number of $141 to ship a single cabbage 200 miles.
She also supplied the rate chart from which it was derived
# And I'm the foolish one?
Actually you are
# All I did was point out it's obviously BS
And obviously you were wrong But then armchair Monday Morning quarterbacks usually are.
# and that he based it in part on shipping a pallet of cabbages. # The shipping rate he posted is less for smaller loads. # So, yes, the produce shipper would package them # in smaller packages. The one head at a time was a # sarcastic exageration, which was obviously too much # for you to compute. You swallowed the $141 BS, quite # nicely though. #
The difference between you and people who have actually been up there is that you are ignorant But it is funny to see you spin and pontificate to cover for your ignorance.
If as you claim the service could be provided cheaper, you would have some guy in a plane flying crates of cabbages up there and making a fortune Since it's not the case, and we don't have a "Cabbage King of Frobisher Bay", we can only conclude that once again, you are not functionning in the real world

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

So, you're actually with Clare that it costs $141 to ship one head of cabbage 200 miles. Is that what you saw when you were there? That cabbage costs more than $141 a head? Boy, you really are stupid.

Well, obviously someone is, fool. Or do you still believe that cabbages sell for $141+ due to shipping costs?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

# So, you're actually with Clare that it costs $141 to # ship one head of cabbage 200 miles. Is that what you # saw when you were there? That cabbage costs more # than $141 a head? Boy, you really are stupid.
How could I be stupid after you have cornered the market for stupid ? But to get back to your stupid post
The original info was: ++ InnCanada, First Air, flying from Resolute to Arctic Bay,1-10KG is ++ $40/kg11-15Kg is $50/Kg, 16-20 is $67/kg, 21-25 is $83/kg, all the way ++ up to 41-44KG at $141/kg. ++ ++ So, you get a pallet of cabbage, weighing 35KG into Resolute and want ++ to ship it to Arctic Bay, it will cost you $3990 to ship it. Say each ++ cabbage weighs 1Kg (2.2 lbs) the cost per cabbage is $141. ++
I notice that you have NEITHER challenged that shipping rates provided or the calculations derived That is THE ONLY WAY, you can prove that the estimate of $141 per cabbage for 35 1kg cabbages would be $141 per cabbage
So, instead of just yammering like a stupid fool suffering from verbal diarhea, feel free to demonstrate that the rate data provided is wrong.
That is what the transporter CHARGES to ship stuff up there Notice also that you forget to include the costs of shipping to Resolute, which by the way is NOT FREE eitther.

Well, obviously someone is, fool. Or do you still believe that cabbages sell for $141+ due to shipping costs?
Moving of goalposts noted But hey, you are free to ship some cabbages up there and see if could sell them for less than what it would cost to get them there. Maybe if you flew them in on a magic carpet, you could do that.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Fool, even per the rate table, it would cost $40 to ship a cabbage just 200 miles, not the $141 that Clare came up with and you bought in to. I had to tell the both of you that IF those rates are real, then the obvious thing to do is ship them one cabbage at a time. One cabbage weighs 1kg. So, it costs $40. Are you that stupid?
As for not including the shipping to Resolute, again fool, I didn't come up with the example. It was Clare that came up with the example and chose looking at the cost of that shipment from Resolute to Arctic Bay.

No, just a good dose of reality. BTW, who says those shipping costs are the costs that a volume shipper of goods actually pays? That there are not substantial discounts? That those posted rates are for the walk-in guy who sends one or two packages a year? You and Clare have heard of volume discounts, right?
And on top of all that, the point of my jab at HomeLessGuy from Canada was that if goods like a cabbage were selling for $16 anywhere in the USA, for whatever reason, he'd be bitching and using it as an obvious defect and serious problem in the USA. That part of the whole thing went right over your pointed little head.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

# Fool, even per the rate table, it would cost $40 to ship a # cabbage just 200 miles, not the $141 that Clare came up with and you # bought in to. I had to tell the both of you that IF those rates # are real, then the obvious thing to do is ship them one # cabbage at a time. One cabbage weighs 1kg. So, it # costs $40. Are you that stupid?
I'm sorry that you can't follow a simple mathematical argument Why don't you come back when you have learned how to do that instead of just spouting ignorant drivel
# # As for not including the shipping to Resolute, again fool, # I didn't come up with the example. It was Clare that came up with # the example and chose looking at the cost of that
And you have still to demonstrate it was false. Come back when you can do that shipment from Resolute to Arctic Bay.
But you know what If everyone can shop their cabbage for $141 per and you figure out how to do it for $40 per YOu now have a potential profit of $100 per
Here's your chance to make a killing and become the Cabbage King of more than Alt.home.repair Good luck on your business venture.

No, just a good dose of reality. BTW, who says those shipping costs are the costs that a volume shipper of goods actually pays? That there are not substantial discounts? That those posted rates are for the walk-in guy who sends one or two packages a year? You and Clare have heard of volume discounts, right?
And on top of all that, the point of my jab at HomeLessGuy from Canada was that if goods like a cabbage were selling for $16 anywhere in the USA, for whatever reason, he'd be bitching and using it as an obvious defect and serious problem in the USA. That part of the whole thing went right over your pointed little head.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sun, 9 Dec 2012 08:47:27 -0600, " Attila Iskander"

HE actually.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Oops My apologies
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Fri, 7 Dec 2012 16:22:53 -0600, " Attila Iskander"

about "Canuckistan" can stay south of the border - we don't need 'em. Particularly those who have never been here and spout off about it. A much larger percentage of Canadians have actually been to the USA than Americans to Canada. I'd venture to guess even in RAW NUMBERS, more Canadians have travelled to the USA than Americans to Canada, even though there are roughly 10 times as many Americans than there are Canadians.
Most Canadians even have a pretty good idea of the capitals of the states, and where the states are - while the vast majority of Americans are pretty ignorant about all things Canadian.
That said, if Americans want to come up here to visit - with a open mind - they are most welcome to come visit. Just leave your guns at home. You will be made welcome, and we even accept your Yankee Greenbacks - no questions asked - whether they are worth more or less than the Canadian Looney. (we pay or charge the exchange) - unlike trying to pay for ANYTHING with Canadian money in the vast majority of the USA.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Fri, 07 Dec 2012 15:52:17 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

You're too funny. Please stay there, with HomoGay.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

...and yet, you're not naming any of them.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Would yo work for a company that wants your personal information for no good reason?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

They have good reason, so they ask.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

The Stasi had "good reason" for going "Papieren" whenever they felt like it too. That they have good reason (in their minds) does not necessarily make it good reason for you or justify their asking
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wed, 5 Dec 2012 22:15:11 -0600, " Attila Iskander"

Silly moral relativity answer, not to mention a Godwin call.

Bullshit. Their job. You want it, or not? Your call.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Good reason perhaps but justifiable reason is another matter. Some companies have very specific rules about request for personal identification UNTIL the hiring decision is made. At that time the checking begins. FWIW my contract work especially for clients with a national security issues clients do not ask until the deal is done and then the offer/contract is based on supplying and passing a back ground check. This includes clients I've worked with previously.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 6 Dec 2012 03:50:13 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@at.biz wrote:

They don't have a good reason until they offer employment.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Your (worthless) opinion.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

No different in value from yours
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.