Social Security Number

Page 2 of 11

Some folk you're better to hand them a $20 shake their hand and send them down the road.
Like I said at one time I did as you recommend and provided the data up front. Spent a long time and a lot of money clearing my name and professional reputation. For several years my security clearance was toast.
Anyone that requires/ask for that data too soon in the process gets a polite explanation. If that's not sufficient then they get a handshake and the offer of a $20. Odd part regardless of the house you road in on, the hiring parties seem to understand my concerns.
One once told me that 'we need people who are as cautious as you'.
On 6 Dec 2012 22:42:36 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@at.biz wrote:

end up working for them - wishing you had not - be better off spending your time looking for a job with a decent company - in MANY cases.
On Thu, 06 Dec 2012 22:12:16 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Utterly absurd.

LOL Apparently some Idiots are more than happy to work for other idiots. Must make them feel at home And then those same idiots are back out looking for work sooner than later, not realizing that their willingness to work for idiots is part of the problem
On Fri, 7 Dec 2012 04:57:48 -0600, " Attila Iskander"

It's amazing that you have the brains to breathe.
On 7 Dec 2012 04:33:23 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@at.biz wrote:

buy you a bad cup of coffee.
On Fri, 07 Dec 2012 15:50:22 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

No, it's not an opinion.

Two bucks?! It had better be hot.
On 12/6/2012 10:12 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Exactly, if such a trivial thing is a stumbling block then you just learned why you should decline any offer and move on.
In the case of "krw" there isn't much latitude for the sort of position they would be filling out an employment application for.

Utter bullshit but it is to be expected from you.

You really are an idiot.
On 12/4/2012 8:30 PM, Meanie wrote:

applied for employment was to run their SS# against the ones that were already on file for current employees. You might find it surprising but several times that SS# was already being used by one of our employees. We then had to find out if the current employee was the actual owner of that SS# or if the applicant was or neither of them was.

why they cannot wait to do that if/after they hire the person. Yes, it may avoid a minor hassle of hiring and paperwork, but it isn't difficult, IMO, to simply move on to the runner up applicant.

Because they're not going to do a pre-employment background check *after* they hire. <sheesh!>

Your right Instead they'll do a post-conditional-offer employment check with the final offer conditional on the results See how simple that is
What some people seem to forget
On Wed, 5 Dec 2012 22:28:07 -0600, " Attila Iskander"

I even took a few English courses in grade school.

No, they won't. They'll pass on your sorry ass for someone who will follow instructions.

...that they want a job? You probably have forgotten that.

Oh dear. A spell flame Someone is getting desperate
I didn't study Englsih or in English until High School. And I'm willing to bet if it came to a showdown, that I have a larger vocabulary and a beter grasp of grammar and syntax than you.

You really should stop making stupid presumptions about others

Indeed. From age 25 on, I had people calling me to offer me work. Nice when you can get it.
Just goes to show that you should avoid making stupid presumptions about others.
On Thu, 6 Dec 2012 08:06:24 -0600, " Attila Iskander"

No, dummy. You used the WRONG WORD. It shows a lower than claimed intellect.

Obviously wrong. You already failed third grade.

You're providing the evidence. You've stated that you would not follow instructions. End of argument. You lose.

YOu really don't have a clue.

[..../] IRONY

No stupid, It's a typo from not paying close enough attention to the spell-checker But this from the idiot who writes "beck pedaling" <snicker>
Idiots in glass house should not throw anyting So drop whatever in in your hand, dummy

From the idiot who starts a spell flame from a typo while writing "beck pedaling"
<snicker> You really are stupid

What instructions are those dummy ?

You're right, I haven't ever had to spend a whole year sending out multiple applications like you did Just goes to show that I don't go around applying for a job at big box stores like you do.

yes that was At least you should SOME intelligence for recognizing it
Too bad that you're nonetheless idiot enough to start a spell flame for a typo between "your" and "you're" and then post "beck pedaling"
How stupid is that ?
On Thu, 6 Dec 2012 18:31:48 -0600, " Attila Iskander"

Yes, dummy. "Your" and "you're" are completely different words. You used the wrong one, clearly showing your IQ.

It is *not* a tupo.

*That* is a tupo. You might want to learn something. ...if you can.

I'm sure your mother told you that the terminally stupid should shut up and just be thought fools.

[..../] IRONY

IKWYABWAI is your best line yet.

Fork over the information when asked, dummy. Sheesh! You really can't think!

Yes, at least you finally realize it.
On Dec 6, 12:44am, snipped-for-privacy@at.biz wrote:

I agree with you on this one. Especially with 8% unemployment and if you want a job. So many places have your SS# anyway and like you say, why would you want to work for an employer that you don't trust with a SS#?
As for the argument that it makes no difference to make the offer, then get the SS# and do a background check, how about this:
You're the hiring guy. Which scenario would you prefer? A guy fills out the application with his SS#. You use it to run a background check and it turns out he's a member of the Cripts, convicted of drug dealing and multiple drive-bys. You tell him you filled the position internally and thanks for applying.
Scenario two. You don't get the SS# until you've extended your job offer, contingent on him supplying the SS#. Now you have to call him and tell him he's not getting the job you offered him 2 days ago and why.

snip of repetitions
You have already asked the question in a slightly different form Are you stupid enough to imagine that repeating it multiple times will somehow make your very limited scenario more right ? Clearly you operate at the warm body level of the hiring scale And clearly that requirement is applicable at that low level
Let's hope that you don't get promoted to hire people operating at a higher level You would fail miserably at the job