Shortening piano hinge

I *think* this should work? - File off one head of pin - Slide pin out far enough to clear knuckles to be removed - Cut off even number of knuckles - File edges clean. - Slide pin back into place - Trim pin to ~1/8" longer than required - Peen/swage pin
On 03/19/2016 08:26 PM, Don Y wrote:

Yep, that works fine. I've re-used a few piano hinges my self.
A few years back my neighbors tossed out an old piano and most of it I've re-used.
On Sat, 19 Mar 2016 18:26:42 -0700, Don Y

I usually just cut it off just past the desired length and spike the last knuckle to hold the pin.