PVC door - hinge pin rising

A friend has a PVC exterior door in the kitchen, on which the upper hinge centre pin has a habit of rising from the hinge, which is the top of three such fittings. When it first occurred, the door lock was refusing to engage, and I rectified the problem by tapping home this offending pin. That then aligned the door correctly. I did notice that it has lost its plastic top seal, but assume that to be a dust cover.

Since then this pin has needed attention about once a month. Should there be a circlip at the bottom to hold the pin in place? And why would it tend to rise, defying gravity?

DJ

Reply to
David J

The offending hinge is probably slightly off-centre, such that there is a slight twisting / cam type of action that causes it to rise. I've just fitted a PVC french door, and there is little grub screws that take an allen key to hold the hinges down. Otherwise, replace the cap and glue it down ? I probably won't take much to hold it down, since it will be moving up very slowly. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson