Blond interpertation of a car's "Service Engine Light"

I had to laugh about this one, and it's for real!

I stopped at a local convenience store last night. I go there regularly, so I know all the people who work there. One woman is a blond, and although she's a friendly clerk, and nice to the customers, her "blondness" shows quite often.

So, last night while I was paying for my gas, She said "My car says 'Service Engine Soon', but it dont say HOW SOON. Is it ok to just ignore it until it tells me HOW SOON?"

*I have to admit, I had a hell of a hard time keeping from laughing.....

But I did my best to be nice. I told her that it will *never* say HOW SOON, it just means that something is not working right, and it should be checked. I asked her if she checked her oil and anti-freeze levels, and she said she did. Then I told her that there are a few auto parts stores that will check it for free, (and I told her where), then I said she should probably do it next week, so the car dont quit running and leave her stranded. I told her to have the store write down the problem and she should show it to me the next time she sees me......

After I left the store, I did have a good laugh about this.... Only a true blond could ask something this goofy"!!! .... But it dont say HOW SOON ....

Reply to
Paintedcow

Car service is an odd topic for light conversation.

I think she was trying to tell you she needs "servicing"...and soon. She's ready. Is you dipstick?

Get it?

Reply to
cheezwhiz