A MUCH NEEDED Cellphone App.....

For these young generation "kids" who spend their entire life texting and/or doing Facebook on their smart phones.

This app will pop up flashing red warning messages on their phone screen. It will say things such as:

Notice: A real person is trying to talk to you, please look to your left.

Notice: Your dinner plate is empty, please refill it.

Notice: You only have one swallow of beer left, go to the bar now!

Caution: You are going to walk into a tree if you take 2 more steps.

Warning: You are going to be hit by a moving vehicle in

2 seconds 1 second Please Dial 911 now!
Reply to
Paintedcow

snipped ...

ISTR it was YOU that was bitching about an offtopic thread up a few posts ...

Now then , for something on topic , I set the 2nd 6x6 support post for our kitchen this morning . Woulda set another this aft but low temps have slowed the cure of my concrete and I'm not going to compromise final strength with an accelerant . For those who care , I'm using the classic 1(cement) 2 (sand) 3 (gravel) mix . Some call this 3,000 mix , some call it 4,000 mix . I call it 1 2 3 mix ... posts were suspended about 8" from the bottom of the hole (compacted with a tool made for the purpose) on a frame with jackscrews that I made so I could plumb the posts and locate them precisely . All posts have been treated to a coat of the same asphalt emulsion that I used to waterpfoof the cellar walls on the bottom 32" .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

all the more reason the cow is no longer holy but in my KF w/muggies

Reply to
ChairMan