Professionals Reply Only

lucrative

Hi, in Germany B&D was considerd a household item until around in the 80s workshops found they had had this cheap ugly green and red machine for years with no trouble. They earned a good reputation , now B&D started putting LEDs and stuff in their handdrills, a pity. Bosch comes in two colours green= household, LEDs and all, blue = pro Blue Bosch is upper third in quality, just below Festool, and sometimes equals makita. But really every top brand stands for some average and some very good maschines, like Festool, Flex, Fein, Kress, Mafell , Hilti , Milwaukee. Sometimes all the reputation stems from one standard machine in one trade and it doesnt mean the other stuff is really worth the high price. I understand the"professional only" in the post: when the amateur finds out he got himself a durable fine maschine it is out of production for five years the min and the producer has been sold twice in this time . Better look what they have in professional rental places and ask them, these people really know. And- they will not be chauvinist but professional ie know quality no matter whats on the label. ed wolf, prejudiced professional

Reply to
eduart wolf

I have the expensive tools for me and the cheap ones to loan out. Get it? If someone wants to use my expensive tools, I come with them and it costs $65.00 - $100.00 per hour to borrow us. *snicker* BTW My older B&D power tools match the DeWalt tools. Perhaps because B&D owns DeWalt and Borged all of their heavy duty and industrial tools into DeWalt.

[8~{} Uncle Monster

Reply to
Uncle Monster

A cheap tool does not last and I don't have the time to replace it with another cheap ass tool. TIME IS MONEY!!

Reply to
evodawg

Simple don't lend any tools out. It's my livelihood. I would not ask a lawyer to borrow his law books.

Reply to
evodawg

I love my Bosch "Blue" jig saw and Hammer Drill. I love my Milwaukee Sawz All, Hole Hog and 1/2" corded drill that has almost as much torch as the Hole hog. I love my Porter Cable 14.4 cordless drill, belt sander, orbital sander, 3 nail guns,4 routers,2 circular saws, 12" Miter Saw and many others I have forgot. I love my Dewalt little 12 volt 1/2" drill and 10" Sliding Miter Saw. My Hilti power nailer. I did have a Fein Router and it fell apart, think I just got a lemon but because of that first experience I will probably never buy another Fein...

Your right each tool manufacture seems to have it's specialties and my choices above prove that. But all and all I'm most impressed with Porter Cable, I doubt I will be able to say this in a few years.

Reply to
evodawg

But I wanna be a prffeesshhhoneal, too... Mommy, make him stop!

Professional whiner, here.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Martha, we are just GOING to have to move. There are B and D users in this neighborhood.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

How about a $75 drill with a radio beacon locator, and a baseball bat option, to be the brains of the tool thief?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Didn't see a thing.

I wanna be a pwofessshunnall.......

Working on being a professional whiner.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The guy I worked for, had a Panasonic cordless drill with a LED in front that turns on when you drill. That was incredibly useful, working on furnace in dark cellars.

Bubble level? I could have used one of those on a job was on, in 1985, installing deadbolts on an apartment complex.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Eh, possibly, but once you get "the eye" you don't need a level anymore. e.g. I've drilled out cheap soft 5/16" bolts with their heads twisted off right to the threads, tapped the holes to bust out the swarf, and reused the holes without helicoils or anything. Way I look at it is, if I teach myself the skills, I can use anyone's tools to do the job right (so long as the bearings aren't all worn out and wobbly) - if I rely on a level then a) I can only do that job with my own tool and b) if the level ever gets knocked or misadjusted then I'm screwed.

I find sighting down the top of the drill like a pistol is probably the most accurate way to drill a straight hole, short of using a drill press. For this reason I like drills with nice flat tops and a seam on the case dead center.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel