OT: Steering wheel

Page 13 of 16
On 01/04/2016 15:49, JNugent wrote:

--
Bod

On 01/04/2016 16:03, Bod wrote:

[ ... ]

Racing (of any kind) does nothing for me, but if it floats your boat... enjoy.
On 01/04/2016 16:11, JNugent wrote:

I watch it sometimes.
--
Bod

On 4/1/2016 9:49 AM, JNugent wrote:

couldn't agree with you more.

Bikes don't float, why would you put a lake there?
--
A man goes into a library and asks for a book on suicide.
The librarian says, "Fuck off, you won't bring it back!"

He's talking narrow country lanes with stone re-enforced hedgerows over in "the old country" where passing 2 bikes is a serious challenge. His Hilman Minx takes up the whole road so if he meats a "landie" coming the other way one or the other has to back up to the last turnoff to let the other past (unless the Landie is his neighbour's "swamper" and he just drives right over the Minx.

I'm talking about a road wide enough for two vehicles, which is quite busy. If you stop to reverse, you now have one way traffic past your car.
--
Confucius say man who speak with forked tongue satisfy two women at once.

On 3/31/2016 8:07 AM, Bod wrote:

On 31/03/2016 18:57, SeaNymph wrote:

--
Bod

Do you know what she's talking about?
--
In Today's Market Activity, Helium was up. Feathers were down. Paper was stationary. Fluorescent tubing was dimmed in light trading. Knives were up sharply. Cows steered into a bull market. Pencils lost a few points. Hiking equipment was trailing. Elevators rose, while escalators continued their slow decline. Weights were up in heavy trading. Light switches were off. Mining equipment hit rock bottom. Diapers remain unchanged. Shipping lines stayed at an even keel. The market for raisins dried up. Coca Cola fizzled. Caterpillar stock inched up a bit. Sun peaked at midday. Balloon prices were inflated. And, Scott Tissue touched a new bottom. Invest wisely!

On 31/03/2016 19:37, Mr Macaw wrote:

--
Bod

What does she mean? The only place I've heard of an event horizon is entering a wormhole.
--
A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death -- Albert Einstein

On 31/03/2016 19:52, Mr Macaw wrote:

--
Bod

WTF is an event horizon and WTF is that to do with an argument?
--
"I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence?

On 31/03/2016 20:04, Mr Macaw wrote:

--
Bod

Like I'd get a sensible answer from her.
--
To make the train seat next to you remain empty, simply smile at anyone approaching it and pat the seat.

On 3/31/2016 1:56 PM, Bod wrote:

On 31/03/2016 20:14, SeaNymph wrote:

--
Bod

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 19:46:56 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I always go forward into my driveway, as does everybody else around here, from what I've seen. You can back into the street when it's clear of traffic. OTOH, there's no guarantee it's clear when you arrive. Besides, it much easier getting both cars in the garage forward.
On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 23:00:31 -0500, Vic Smith

We don't park in a garage and I still prefer driving into the street instead of backing into the street. I have plenty of time to assess the traffic when I am approaching the driveway and if there is a car or two. I just pull over and let them pass, then I back in. I prefer backing into an empty driveway to backing into the street. Visibility is better going forward. If that is not your opinion, don't do it.