(OT) Increased Speed Limits on Highways

Page 6 of 6
On 10/7/2016 9:45 AM, rbowman wrote:

Perfectly safe on the interstates with light traffic.
On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 7:02:52 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Actually, no.
That's a myth.
Given any set of conditions (width of highway, hills, curves, obstructions, visibility, etc.) 85% of drivers will automatically choose a safe speed. Speed limit signs have been proven to have no effect except where enforcement is very heavy.
Slow drivers are not a hazard IF they stay in the slow lane - but they don't. Jerks.
TimR posted for all of us...

+1
--
Tekkie

On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 6:02:52 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You are so right. :-)
Andy
Maybe what we need is a separate lane with no speed limit.
It would have high walls on each side to protect the law abiding good drivers.
Let those drivers lower the gene pool and that would benefit society.
On 10/07/2016 06:02 AM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Even when the posted limit is as fast as you'd go if there was no limit.

--
79 days until the winter celebration (Sunday December 25, 2016 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).
On 10/06/2016 02:14 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

My state set the the speed at 60 MPH for trucks and 70 MPH for cars. The police start writing tickets at 5 over. Driving the expressway has become a major PITA!
On 10/07/2016 05:26 AM, HeyBob wrote:

Ohio? The Ohio Turnpike really sucked if you were driving a truck. The cops saw you as a moving piggy bank to be emptied. I even managed to get busted in a car in Findlay. Admittedly I was doing 90 in a 45 but it was 2 in the morning and everyone was asleep. Conveniently, the cop had one of those old credit card machines in the back seat and took American Express.
On 10/7/2016 8:51 AM, rbowman wrote:
I got old, driving the speed limit is perfectly fine with me now days.
On 10/07/2016 08:37 AM, My 2 Cents wrote:

I rarely go over the speed limit, I rarely go under the speed limit, and I get to the limit as fast as I can. With the V-Strom that's about 3 seconds from a standing start.
rbowman posted for all of us...

That is wrong-on both levels-you speeding and their revenue enhancement.
--
Tekkie

On 10/07/2016 01:02 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

I had places to go. Nice chat with the cop too. He was from West Virginia and thought Ohio sucked but that was where he could get a job.
On 10/07/2016 06:26 AM, HeyBob wrote:

I know Texas used to have that (as well as 5MPH lower at night). Both have been eliminated. Now it's 70 all the time.
--
79 days until the winter celebration (Sunday December 25, 2016 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).
the biggest hazard is probably drivers who are texting