Effect of Increased Pressure on my Combi

Hi all, Fisrt post, please go easy!

I've 'discovered' that I can increase the mains pressure to my taps in my house by opening the valve next to my water meter a bit further. Whilst running both the hot and cold taps I can see that both increase in flow rate when I open the valve. My question is, will this have any adverse affect on my combi boiler? (a C&M Britony 80 if anyone cares!) Obviously I expect the hot water temperature may drop with the increased flow rate, but any other things I should watch out for before I start enjoying better showers!? (apart from a higher water and gas bill!)

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
Chris

It will have no effect on the integrity of your combi. Although your combi might only be rated for a particular static pressure, opening or closing a valve won't affect this at all, it will only prevent the pressure dropping so much when a tap is opened. Open the valve with impunity. However, if it is a gate valve, never leave it wide open, or the valve may seize. Just turn it about half a turn closed again. This won't affect the flow much, but the valve might still work when you need it.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle