Combi and Mira 415 Shower

My combi struggles a bit in the cold weather to cope with long showers with the high flow rate through my shower. I guess that reducing the flow would solve the problem. If you agree, what would be the best way to achieve this? I imagine I need to reduce both the hot and cold rates together. Just fitting taps seems a bit hap-hazard. Is there something better?

John

Reply to
john

Have a look where the cold water feed goes into the combi and see if it has a valve (most do). Turn this this off a little to restrict the flow of cold water to the combi. This will reduce the maximum flow rate from any hot tap (and the shower) fed by the combi and hence limit the temperature fall a bit. No need to do anything special with the shower - that ought to sort itself out (the 415 is pressure balanced rather than thermostatic IIUC - good choice for mains pressure stored hot water systems but not so good on combi's)

Reply to
John Rumm