New shower - electric or combi fed?

I'm in the process of putting a shower in my daughters room. The plan was to get a mixer tap, and plumb that directly in to the hot/cold feed from the combi boiler.

The plan has gone awry, as the one I ordered via ebay turns out to be a crooked seller, and there doesnt appear to be any decent quality showers around now at less than £100.

Now, today, I have acquired a 8.5kw electric shower from a cancelled order. I could keep it as stock in case I ever get asked for one, but it could be sat here for months (like the garden gate I bought, and has say in my garage for the last 8 months).

So, do I hold out, and get a decent mixer tap, or fit the electric one?

The electric one will be a doddle to fit, as the wire from the consumer unit is already there, we used to have an electric shower in the bathroom, which has since been removed but all the cabling is in place - it'll just mean moving the switch from one side of a wall to the other, then putting a new wire from the switch to the shower. Other plus points are that if the combi ever breaks down, we will always be able to have a hot shower, and I have the electric shower now,already paid for.

Persaude me which one to go for. Thanks Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Now, today, I have acquired a 8.5kw electric shower from a cancelled

Depends on if you can cope with the dismal flow rate you get from the lekky shower - especially an 8.5kW one!

Even the weediest combi will trounce an electric shower.

Reply to
John Rumm

Until someone flushes the loo or turns on the dishwasher, etc.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

8.5 is a bit low

to offer a couple

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Until someone flushes the loo or turns on the dishwasher, etc.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

but no worse than with an electric which will suffer the same problem.

Reply to
John Rumm

Reply to
Ed Sirett

man should cast seed into the ground, and should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how; for the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself, first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear."

In some, converting light is like a glorious brightness suddenly shining upon a person, and all around him: they are in a remarkable manner brought out of darkness into marvelous light. In many others it has been like the dawning of the day, when at first but a little light appears, and it may be presently hid with a cloud; and then it appears again, and shines a little brighter, and gradually increases, with intervening darkness, till at length it breaks forth more clearly from behind the clouds. And many are, doubtless, ready to date their conversion wrong, throwing by those lesser degrees of light that appeared at first dawning, and calling some more remarkable experience they had afterwards, their conversion. This often, in a great measure, arises from a wrong understanding of what they have always been taught, that conversion is a great change, wherein old things are done away, an

Reply to
Ed Sirett