OT Big trucks w/crip plates

Page 5 of 5

Or maybe it is just a way of saying "Labradors Rule".

Or maybe it is just a way of saying "Labradors Rule".
--
Never the less dip wad they are getting spam from you posting with it.
25 years experience my ass.

Agreed. But in DC there are guys (mostly) who grab their elderly parent's placard and park free at the meters all day, often to work at construction jobs. Those kinds of miscreants really make it hard for everyone else and take unfair advantage of the system meant to help the disabled.
While I agree it's not good policy to have cops perform "on the spot eligibility checks" based on how well someone appears to walk, I think that some enforcement is required.
I think it's OK for the cops to at least stop someone who's so obviously able-bodied that they're carrying a toolbelt and a large toolbox. If they just parked in an HP spot it's not unreasonable for a cop to ask them for proof that they're actually the handicapped person that the tags were issued to. The law allows them to do that now in DC - don't know if it was always so. In addition to having a placard or HP tags, you also need to carry a separate HP registration card indicating who the tags/placards were issued to. If they're not around or can't be readily produced, out comes the multi-hundred dollar ticket. (It was $250 last time I looked, but that was years ago.)
Of course like all well-intentioned laws, it's going to cause at least one guy to leave his disabled mom in the car all day to immunize himself from getting a ticket. )-"
--
Bobby G.

do it like most similar tickets... when they are bored (grin).

But then we have abuse of elderly, etc., to fall back on which is most cases would be a felony.
but what they conceal is vital.

Selective enforcement won't go away until all cops/parking enforcement people are robotic. If you've ever watched "Parking Wars" pieces of that puzzle are already well in place. The enforcement units in big cities have camera/software platforms that allow them to drive up and down city streets scanning all the tags on parked cars and signaling the driver when they get a hit on a scofflaw. The Google driverless cars are already here. Do the math. All we need is drones on steroids to come in and lift the car off to an impound lot and the humans can be dropped out of the equation*. (-; <humor alert>

Just because it's a possible felony doesn't mean some dipwad doesn't already have his elderly mom sitting in a car all day. It might be a hard case to make if the parent says "I enjoy knitting while sitting in the car" and indicates she was there of her own volition. After hearing stories of guys trying to drag away ATM's with a chain around their bumper and leaving their bumper (and their license plate!) behind for the cops, I never underestimate the ingenuity (or lack thereof) of the common criminal idiot.
--
Bobby G.

He was talking about parking free at nearby meters.
but what they conceal is vital."

Oh, what a tempting straight line. (-:

I thought that was as plain as the nose on my face, but you live and learn. Thanks for interpreting for me, Kurt. (-:
--
Bobby G.

'
but what they conceal is vital.

"No surprise that Illinois is cracking down on abusers of handicap parking permits, especially when it cuts into their revenue!"
Standing between a government and it's perceived revenue is more dangerous than getting between a momma grizzly and her cubs!

I thought it was Chicago that made the deal with the private company, not the State of Illinois. While handicap placards would be issued by the state, enforcement would be by each individual jurisdiction
"Zaky Waky" wrote in message
I live in a rural farm area where there are a lot of big pickup trucks like this: <http://sportscars2013.com/2013-dodge-ram-1500-pickup-truck/ and many of them have "disabled" window-tags or plates because there are a lot of old people around here driving them. My questions is: if you are so cripped-up that you need a crip plate, then how can you climb up and down into that thing?
Since this NG has a lot of old crips hanging around, I thought this would be a good place to ask. Your not working so you have the time to answer.
We have a crip tag that I can put on a mirror. Only use it if wife goes along. She is in great pain due to mutable injuries. She can barely get into a wheel chair from the car. Needs 90 % help at all times. Glad to have the tag. BUT I also see the miss use when the people use disabled parking and jump out of those jacked up trucks. I am old (86) but able to do most every thing. Like motorcycling trail riding with the grand kids. WW
On Friday, January 31, 2014 10:44:34 PM UTC-8, Zaky Waky wrote:

I'm 78 and very active, cut 10 cord wood annually etc. Had a rig in a Pape (john Deere) dealer for service and got a ride home. Yep one of them big things. I had one heck of a time getting into the cab, no running boa rd. I agree that those jacked up POS's are not a vehicle for anyone with a 'disabled plate'. Of course there is the possibility that the driver is no t the disabled person. Applies to me but I only use the disabled parking w hen the wife is with me.
Harry K

Even if the disabled person is the passenger, he/she still has to get in.
On 2/1/14 12:44 AM, Zaky Waky wrote:

knees. I think he had amputations due to diabetes. There is an electric hoist in the pickup bed to load/unload the chair. I've never seen him get in or out of the pickup so can't answer how he does it.
All this talk of LAB tests reminded me of the following story, too good not to post.
Your Duck is Dead--
A woman brought a very limp duck in to a veterinary surgeon. As she laid her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to th e bird's chest.
After a moment or two, the vet shook his head and sadly said, "I'm sorry, y our duck, Cuddles, has passed away."
The distressed woman wailed, "Are you sure?"  Yes, I am sure. Your duck is dead," replied the vet..
"How can you be so sure?" she protested. "I mean you haven't done any testi ng on him or anything. He might just be in a coma or something."
The vet rolled his eyes, turned around and left the room.   He retu rned a few minutes later with a black Labrador Retriever. As the duck's own er looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his front paws on the exa mination table and sniffed the duck from top to bottom. He then looked up a t the vet with sad eyes and shook his head.
The vet patted the dog on the head and took it out of the room. A few minut es later he returned with a cat. The cat jumped on the table and also delic ately sniffed the bird from head to foot. The cat sat back on its haunches, shook its head, meowed softly and strolled out of the room.
The vet looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry, but as I said, this is mo st definitely, 100% certifiably, a dead duck."
The vet turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys and produced a bi ll, which he handed to the woman..  The duck's owner, still in shock, too k the bill. "$150!" she cried, "$150 just to tell me my duck is dead!"
The vet shrugged, "I'm sorry. If you had just taken my word for it, the bil l would have been $20, but with the Lab Report and the Cat Scan, it's now $ 150."
On Mon, 3 Feb 2014 17:15:16 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net"

Groan....! :-)
It's an old one, but a very good one!