Bissell Big Green clean machine/disassemble

Has anyone ever had this carpet cleaner apart? Does that top plate pry off to allow access to pump? RM~

Reply to
Rob Mills

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 23:26:23 -0600, "Rob Mills" wrotd:

I replaced the pump in my Big Green Machine a few years ago and now need to replace it again. Unfortunately CRS doesn't allow me to remember how I did it.

I have asked Bissell how to gain access to change the pump but I am doubtful that directions will be given. In the Bissell FAQs there is this statement: "BISSELL has determined certain parts should only be made available to Authorized Service Centers. These include any parts which are only accessible if the machine is opened."

I had already called the one local Authorized Service Center here and was told the service yokel will not give an answer over the phone and probably wouldn't even if I stopped by. They apparently want the labor charge as it was suggested that I bring the machine in as the charge isn't that expensive.

I realize none of this helps you but I would like to ask you to post back here or e-mail any information you may receive. The reply-to address is active.

Thanks

Reply to
MB

need to replace it again. Unfortunately CRS doesn't allow me to remember how I did it.

Reply to
Rob Mills

Well, mine is running fine now. It was froze up (wouldn't run at all when switched on)and I decided it might have been caused by gummed up cleaner. Although I run lots of clean water through it after each use, it still froze up. I decided to pour a little vinegar into the intake hole and let it soak for a while.

In the meantime the mail arrived with a new pump. After a bit I switched the pump on and of course it ran like new. Now I have a $40 spare pump that I should never need.

I still would like to learn how to gain access to the internal parts. BTW here is a URL for a good parts diagram:

have the pump for just under $23, shipping unknown.

M. Boink

Reply to
MB

Reply to
Rob Mills

Just saw the following posted on the Bissell web site:

"You can pry the whole green casing off the grey base of the top section fairly easily. There are three fairly big catch lips placed evenly around the machine's top section. Just stick a big screwdriver or prybar in there, you'll see it comes apart fairly easily."

Reply to
Just Me

replying to MB, Sylvia wrote: The started button has moved how do I open it

Reply to
Sylvia

Sylvia posted for all of us...

I dunno, close it and aim for the stoppit button.

Reply to
Tekkie®

replying to MB, Johan Rossouw wrote: You can pry the whole green casing off the grey base of the top section fairly easily. There are three fairly big catch lips placed evenly around the machine's top section. Just stick a big screwdriver or prybar in there, you'll see it comes apart fairly easily

Reply to
Johan Rossouw