OT. $3000 to trade VW.

Page 2 of 2

You mean they actually OFFERED a solution???
On 11/11/2015 3:40 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Sure, just buy another one of our crappy cars. Nope, that was my last one. Every GM car I ever had needed warranty work. I just bought my 4th Hyundai and only had one minor problem that was covered. Three Sonata Limited and just got a Genesis with Ultra package. Nice car.

I've sure not had any positive experience dealing with late model GMs. My 1928 Chevy National was likely the best CXhevy experience I've had - and that's not saying much!!!

with or without the troublesome drivers left inside...?
On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 16:19:34 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster

I've only purchaced one new car, and only a few from new car dealers. Most have been from auto brokers or directly from private owners, the odd one from a used car lot.
there may be no real solution for this problem.........
if it had been a easy or cost effective solution they wouldnt of cheated.....
On 11/11/2015 9:21 PM, bob haller wrote:

Of *course* there's a solution! But, like all engineering problems, you have to decide to "squeeze the balloon" in a different place. E.g., price vs. performance.
I'm sure they can get emissions in line with just a software tweek (this is undoubtedly the cheapest solution) -- but, fuel economy *and/or* performance (e.g., acceleration) may well suffer. Or, they may have to add considerable "chemical processing" to the exhaust chain which might be more labor intensive (installing a "thing") and/or harder to design ("Hmmm... where do we *put* the THING? And, what about all these other CAR MODELS??")
How much would you feel cheated if you ended up with a car that got N fewer MPG? I.e., that put it on a par with some other vehicle that you RULED OUT in your purchasing decision. Or, that took much of the "pep" out of the drivetrain? Hell, you could drive a Prius if your primary concern was emissions and fuel economy (yet, you chose not to!)
On 11/11/2015 11:21 PM, bob haller wrote:

The solution was a $360 urea injector that was nixed as being too expensive. Looks cheap right about now.

Which do you think is more/less attractive to car buyers, lower mileage or a pee pumpin' package (DEF)? ;)
nb
Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

Isn't urea a component of piss? So just pee in the injector. I'm sure someone will get pissed off.
--
Tekkie