OH TEE. Insurance $20,000/year??

You want my nest egg? I don't want to egg you on. But, if you thing you're right, I can tell you eggxactly how it is. What is the eggsistential one hand clapping? If this is getting bad, (points) there is the eggxit.

I think my egg was poached. I'm so angry as to be boiled. I'm not a good sport, I get it over hard. They mixed up my medications, and I'm badly, if lightly, scarmbled.

.

From all you rich Mormons, of course. Aren't Mormons the original survivalists?

It's a yolk, son, it's a yolk.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Soon, I hope. I sense that you're one of the few men left in the world who does useful work, and good quality also.

.

when I can but have to hire much younger and able bodied guys when there is a lot of climbing or crawling around to be done. I'll get back into the swing of things as I recover my health. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

haven't

Stupid autocorrect!

Reply to
Wes Groleau

I have to take pictures for the stuff me and JH do for the national service contract companies. Then we have our own local customers in the area. I have some pictures of a pizza place I did in 2009, the info shows 2001 because I never set the camera's clock. I installed the refrigeration for two walk-in coolers, repaired the refrigerated make line, worked on some of the AC system and pizza oven. I had to install conduit and some of the electrical circuits, the net connected video surveillance system, the electric door lock and point of sale system. I had to fit all the computer network gear, computer server, telephone system with automated attendant and all the backup power in a very small office on two backboards. I use 3/4 plywood painted a light gray and use a pencil to mark a 6" grid on the backboards to facilitate the neat and level installation of equipment. I wish I had more pictures of the 2009 job but the city came in a bought up the area for a new stadium so the pizza place had to move last year. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 01:32:09 -0600, The Daring Dufas wrote in Re Re: OH TEE. Insurance $20,000/year??:

Very nice work.

Reply to
CRNG

Thanks, you should see some of the phone rooms I've had to straighten out because many a someone never took the time to properly install the equipment and just threw it in. I have a couple of VoIP and network jobs to work on this week. It only takes a few extra minutes to install something level and neat. A proper installation is a lot easier to trouble shoot and repair for me and the next guy. The systems of all types I install operate trouble free for years because I'm meticulous in the planning and installation of wiring, conduit, pipe and all the equipment. When I was doing a lot of home HVAC work with a friend of mine, he couldn't understand why I used nitrogen, pulled a triple vacuum on all the systems and installed all lines neatly until he noticed that the systems didn't leak or break down like all the other installations he'd been involved with. Having to fix other folks repair work keeps me in business. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

That's quite a lot of work. I bet that took several days. But, the quality and care of workmanship is obvious to me. Attention to detail shows. I bet that's easier for the next guy (which would be you) to work on.

.

[...]

On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 03:12:01 -0600, The Daring Dufas wrote in Re Re: OH TEE. Insurance $20,000/year??:

Indeed that is likely to be incompetence; but it could also be "low bid" mentality at work. So many people are obsessed with accepting only low bids, that some contractors conclude that they need to low ball in order to stay in business. And as you know, low balling means doing the bare minimum of work.

Reply to
CRNG

Believe it or not, it's easier to do an installation when it's planned and laid out in advance. The D rings are very handy for threading cable through then installing cable ties when finished and any changes are quite a bit easier. Most of the equipment and hardware down to mounting screws was recycled from the previous store location. I don't throw screws and other hardware away and many folks think that's somehow strange but I always seem to have what I need to do a job. Here at The Crotchety Old Fart's Lair, most of the computers, monitors, keyboards, mice, speakers and wireless routers are all dumpster and trash pile rescues that had little or nothing wrong with them. I have a stack of UPS units that were tossed when all they needed was new batteries. Even my inkjet, laser printers and scanners were adopted before they were put down. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

The national service accounts outfit we do a lot of work for puts jobs up for bid on its website and service contractors can place diminishing bids for the work with a very low price for "Do it now" which knocks the bid and job out of the list. What happens a lot of the time is Billy Bob and Company can't do the job and we get the call to go out and fix it. A lot of times we don't even bid on a job and we'll get the call to please take care of it and we can get more money. We, me and JH had to go to Tupelo, Mississippi to straighten out an energy management system at the request of the corporate customer because I was the only one who could figure it out. It was last summer and 105°F when us two old disabled guys had to climb a 20' inside ladder to the roof hatch which was so hot we got second degree burns from touching metal on the roof. We did it twice in a week. One trip to diagnose the problem and the second trip to install the parts when they arrived at the store. ^_^

TDD

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Make up for it (low bid), on the repairs later?

.

Indeed that is likely to be incompetence; but it could also be "low bid" mentality at work. So many people are obsessed with accepting only low bids, that some contractors conclude that they need to low ball in order to stay in business. And as you know, low balling means doing the bare minimum of work.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That's bogus. The Congressional Budget Office says it will average between $12,000-$12,500/yr for family policies on the bronze (budget) plan.

The law provides for premium payment assistance to help people earning up to 400% of the federal poverty level. Those who earn under 250% of the federal poverty level are also eligible for sliding scale cost-sharing credits to defray the cost of copayments, coinsurance, and deductibles.

Finally, if the cost of the minimum required coverage exceeds 8% of the household income, the person/family is exempt from the requirement to carry insurance.

It's the news source that looks idiotic for not being able to read and comprehend. The IRS document provided several examples of how to calculate a penalty amount. The new source took a *hypothetical* number in one of the examples and ran with it as being a factual number.

Reply to
Moe DeLoughan

Of course it's bogus. Congratulations, you're the first one in this thread to point out the obvious. Me, I don't waste my time addressing these idiots but I kept checking the thread for at least one person to check the facts.

Every wacko site on the internet is carrying the 20K story, most prominent:

prison planet fox news cnsnews theblaze.com conservatives4palin ihatethemedia.com

What a sad bunch of people. Make up a story to get all worked up about then spread it around.

Endless politics on alt.home.repair. It's just plain nuts.

Reply to
Dan Espen

The IRS then deserves part of the blame. Any competent writer knows that given an accurate detailed procedure and a bad example, most people will follow the bad example.

Reply to
Wes Groleau

I do some what the same thing. As I mentioned to Derby Dad (who repaired his CF [Chinese Funk]) exterior light, the adult generation repairs what they already have. It's the Great Depression that we still remember. Never sure when you'll be able to afford anther one of them. And, we're into another Great Depression, with the Obama economy. So, we're back to doing what we know. Living on nothing.

.

Most of the equipment and hardware down to mounting screws was recycled from the previous store location. I don't throw screws and other hardware away and many folks think that's somehow strange but I always seem to have what I need to do a job.

Here at The Crotchety Old Fart's Lair, most of the computers, monitors, keyboards, mice, speakers and wireless routers are all dumpster and trash pile rescues that had little or nothing wrong with them. I have a stack of UPS units that were tossed when all they needed was new batteries. Even my inkjet, laser printers and scanners were adopted before they were put down. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That sounds like a physical challenge from Hell. I've heard that attics are less hot in the early morning hours before the sun warms up.

.