Mitre Saw binds.

Wife and I are completeling some final touches on a guest house, we designed and built and is approved by Building Code Inspectors.
Being somewhat of a prefectionist, we purchased a mitre box and mitre saw, (instead of using the usual chain saw) to cut trim.
So I clamp in the piece and the box but pushing the brand new mitre saw forward nearly breaks my arm! It has fine teeth but binds so it's really hard to push forward. Is there a trick I'm missing? Ken

How the hell did you build a guest house without a power miter saw?!!!!! Don't tell me a Woodright's Shop active follower.
[Roy Underhill uses no power tools: http://www.pbs.org/woodwrightsshop ]

Thanks for replies Gents. The humble 20x20x10 project used only a circular saw, http://www.flickr.com/photos/dynamics / We sometimes use a jig-saw to cut curves, but for real precise trim a jig is a bit sloppy. We'll take the saw - miter - and a sample 1x2 back to the Home hardware store and get further instructions there, they're good, 99% of stuff works fine,and we're steady customers, I think the saw teeth are misshaped. Ken

Looks really good to me. Who needs a stinkin' miter saw?! :-)
Come to recall, the first structure I built decades ago was a two car garage. I had no miter saw.

Mine is more like my bowling scroe - high 90's :-)