how to put a new PVC fitting after using a socket saver

I needed to remove a toilet fitting and bought a socket saver from Jones stevens. The inside of the fitting was left gouged and oversized. This tool didn't work as easily as it did on "This Old House Hour."

So I used the regular body PVC cement to try to attach the new 3" toilet flange. The flange didn't stick. The cement didn't even attempt to fill the gap.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to fill the gap. It seems to be be about a 1/32" - 1/16" gap around the fitting. Of course there are some gouges that can be 3/32".

Thanks,

Brad

Reply to
jstarii

When was the last time you saw something go wrong on "This Old House", or any other DIY show? It seems everything goes right on those shows. They never show when something does not go as planned.

Reply to
Mike rock

Good idea, would I need to get clean off the PVC cement that is left on the fittings from the previous attempt or can I put the" bondo" right over it?

Brad

Reply to
jstarii

If the fittings still go together OK, just slather on the Bondo or epoxy and you should be fine. Clean off poorly adhered or ,oose stuff, of course.

Joe

Reply to
Joe