Menards Black Friday

Things that caught my eye: * Multi-function Miracle Tool (HF clone) - $14.95 * Drill bit set - $2.95 * 6-pak 9-LED flashlights (like the ones HF gave away) - $4.97 * Interior paint, satin, $2.00/gallon (semi-gloss - $3.00) * Ceiling light fixtures, 2 pak - $4.95 * Step ladder - $9.99
Admittedly, some of Menard's offerings require a mail-in rebate.
http://www.blackfriday.info/sales/menards-black-friday-ad.html
Stormin Mormon wrote:

That's happened to me, too. I keep a photocopy of everything I mailed off. If I don't get what's due in a timely fashion, I raise a stink.
Here's a trick the rebate people use:
They mail you a check in an envelope with some bizarro return address and an obvious "Bulk Rate" imprint. You, thinking it's some kind of pesky advertisement, throw it away!
HeyBub wrote:

They are wasting my time and their money when a place advertises an item with a rebate. I could buy a sack of groceries with the rebates I never got, maybe two sacks of groceries. Tiger Direct especially comes to mind... Nothing but a hassle, wasted time and wasted stamps. You must send in the original bar code, two months no rebate, they ask for a copy, the copy isn't the original bar code. Rebated denied. I never got the last rebate from Staples either but it hasn't been two years yet, maybe it will be in tomorrow's mail. Occupy Wall Street needs to put rebates on their list of thing to change.
On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 18:09:39 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

In general, I don't like rebates but I don't remember one I didn't receive. I've always followed the instructions to the 'T', though. Sometimes it takes three months, but they come. It's not worth the hassle for a couple of bucks but I got a rebate from HP for $150 (printer), which made a squatting on their site a little more interesting.
On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 18:09:39 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

Never trusted them PERIOD.

I have been using Menarards and their rebates for at least 15 years, probably more than 20, never had a single problem.