Industrial vacuum cleaners stolen

"[UK] Police have issued a warning after vacuum cleaners containing asbestos were stolen from a college on Teesside. "
Oh well.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/tees/7832531.stm

I wonder if they will charge the bandits with all the environmental asbestos handling laws they broke?
snipped-for-privacy@wdeans.com wrote:

This is the UK. I expect severe sanctions to be levied against the college.