Bagless Vacuum Cleaners

I recently bought a Eureka Maxima Vacuum Cleaner which I generally like. However, it seems like the filter needs to be cleaned if I vacuum more than 4 or 5 rooms. If I can't solve that problem, then I probably want to go back to a more traditional vacuum cleaner with bags. I wonder what other peoples thoughts are, and whether anyone has any suggestions on how to quickly clean the filter or on how to stop it from clogging up so quickly. Thanks,

JD

Reply to
DaileyJohn.20.decij

It could be that you should empty the machine more often. When these "bagless" machines start filling up with dirt more and more dirt goes onto the filter.

If the filter gets dirty even when you empty the machine often then it just doesn't work very well. You might want to go back to the bad machines.

I used a "bagless" machine to clean my in-laws place when they were occupied with more important problems. The machine itself was a "gud enuf" cleaner but there just wasn't a "clean" way of getting the dirt into the trash.

We have a 15 (or so) year old Kirby. It has very good bags and until recently (when things just plain started to wear out) it did as good a job as I could want. Kirby is on the pricey side but I think I will stick with a machine that uses bags.

Reply to
John Gilmer