I never throw anything away

Page 3 of 3

I think gfretwell's pic is gonna become the Mona Lisa of a.h.r.

Maybe he will add pics of the two sheds. That ought to be a hoot.

The jealousy will kill me. But some day he too will fall from glory...as all competitive heros do <sigh>.

This is the shed(s) actually 2 back to back. The bricks are pavers dumpsterdived from my wife's construction dumpsters and the back shed is block and steel scavenged from the same place.
I will open the doors and shoot pictures if you want. on the side is a bunch of roof tile and more pavers
The steel doors and glass block in the back shed were scavenged too.
http://gfretwell.com/electrical/brick%20shed%20house.jpg
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in wrote:

I see you learned well from the 3 little pigs. Brick. How did you get in on the DIY show unlimited landscape budget?
(really is a decent shed)

Nope small electric pressure cleaner.

And if the item is not exactly as we last remember it (colors, shape, finish) we overlook it right in front of us 87 times.
Well OK, maybe not "we". Just "I" :-(
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in wrote:

Got that one right!
On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 18:02:54 -0500, Bill who putters

I'm more likely to get rid oft something that is useful than that is not. I'll give away something that I can replace at a store, but lots of things I save I couldn't buy if I tried.
Especially if there is a way to store them. I store long thin things together, flat things together, boxes within each other (although then I forget what is in the biggest box.)

Or firewire. :)

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 18:02:54 -0500, Bill who putters

I still have stuff my grandfather couldn't throw away, why should I throw away my own stuff?

Then there's that piece of lumber you saved because you KNEW you would need it some day...pull it out...and it's an inch short.

Sounds like a "personal" problem! LOL

Got me! LOL. Advertising I have short wood - not good :-(

That's no problem. Just cut it and it'll be like any other piece of lumber (after a cut).

My neighbors use me as a resource. They know I probably have one, no matter what they need.
On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 18:02:54 -0500, Bill who putters wrote:

Yeah, I keep pretty much everything. I've got my scrap wood piles, my scrap metal piles, my scrap electronics pile etc. - I manage to keep it pretty well sorted (with different piles for different size things, too), and am lucky in that I've got a few sheds and big storage areas. It's surprising how often I dig into them to fix something that's broken.
The frustrating thing is that I moved overseas a few years back, and still have similar piles in (free, thankfully) storage abroad - I keep putting off the day when I suspect I'm simply going to have to dump them. Plus it's really annoying when I know that I have something that I could use to fix something else, but it's 4000 miles away (the electronics are the worst for that - I'm not in a high-tech area here, but I've got boxes and boxes of scrap/salvaged components in overseas storage)
cheers
Jules