Garage door sounds like straining

I recently swapped out all the rollers from my garage door aside from the two bottoms ones as they have the tension and am looking to do that job next week. Anyways with most of the rollers swapped to brand new nylon rollers now my motor sounds like it is straining. The previous rollers were pretty shot and I don’t see how new ones would make the motor sound worse. Any ideas? I have lubricated everything and the only change was old rollers for new ones.

Reply to
Jay

What does the door feel like when you unlatch it and move it by hand? If you have torsion springs they may need adjusting or you might just have a bind because the new rollers are not aligned to the track..

Reply to
gfretwell

I'll guess that the old rollers had a fair amount of slop - in their bearings and in their fit in the track - and the new rollers do not

- hence more binding - hence more strain on the poor old motor. I predict new gear kit will be required soon. You might try some white grease on the old gears. John T.

Reply to
hubops