Leaking kitchen faucet

My kitchen faucet has a slow leak coming from the faucet.

I removed the hot side knob (while forgetting to turn off the shutoff valve first) and some parts went airborne while I rushed to turn off the water.

Which part or parts do I need to replace?

I think the spring and the rubber object next to it go in the hole in the well.

What order do they go in if I am right?

Thanks.

A K

The rubber goes over the spring and faces the valve body. If you can, buy a kit for that brand and it has everything you need.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Thanks.

I think I put the spring and rubber in the wrong order.

When I turned the hot water valve back on, the water runs continually.

I could not get those parts back out.

I left the valve closed and will just use the cold water side.

Will tell the apartment maintenance guy what I did. :-)

Andy

Reply to
A K

1-800-PLUMBER ;-)
Reply to
Wade Gattett

While the water is off, put valves under the sink. If this place is old enough to have sweated copper, Cut the pipe off and use compression fittings. Then use the hose type connections.

Reply to
gfretwell

So, you think you put the rubber valve seat into the cartridge socket before the spring. You didn't say if the spring is still in there as well. If the spring is there, it's easier to remove than the valve seat because there's more to grab. Get a bright flashlight so you can see what you will be doing. Find or get something long and narrow to grab what's down there. If you have tweezers, very narrow needle-nose pliers, or a straight surgical hemostatic clamp, you might be able to grab whatever it is and pull it out. If those aren't available, try to find a thin strong object with a little hook on the end such as an escargot pick or crochet hook. If you have a heavy duty paper clip you may be able to straighten it out and fashion a small hook on the end using pliers. (If you use the paper clip, DON'T DROP IT DOWN THE VALVE SEAT!! Try to snag the spring (or valve seat) under an edge and gently pull up. Next, if only the rubber valve seat is down there, try opening the supply valve so there is just a very small flow of water and the flow of water may help float the valve seat out while you're trying to extract it. If all that fails, you may be able to snag a free edge under the thread of a drill bit but don't drop it in the hole! Last suggestion: Turn off supply to both hot and cold water, unscrew the nuts that hold the faucet assembly on the sink, remove the faucet, and attack the offending item from below with a screwdriver. If all else fails, get a handy man or plumber. Good luck!

Reply to
kentpc2005

On Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 1:41:54 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I got them out.

I put in a maintenance request after I re-assembled it correctly.

I think both cartridges need to be replaced. They are at least 7 years old.

Bathroom faucet leaks as well.

Andy

Reply to
A K