How Much?

Page 3 of 7
On Friday, December 11, 2015 at 1:54:15 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

8 or 10...are either of those 2 stations ESPN? I'd be happy. ;-)
On 12/10/2015 6:06 PM, Eagle wrote:

Any commercial channels, I do what Ralph suggests and DVR any shows I like and fast forward through commercials.
Wife does not have DRV but watches mostly old movies with few commercials.
I get these low ball offers all the time, mainly from FIOS, when they expire, the cost is just as high. I could do like my neighbor across the street and switch every two years but, mainly my wife, would not like the aggravation of doing it.
On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 6:06:06 PM UTC-5, Eagle wrote:

in mmost areas you can still get free tv, generally a outdoor antenna works better

I pay about that for high speed cable internet, 2 TVs, PVR, 2 cell phones - data on one, and phone here in Central Ontario.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca has brought this to us :

You are getting a very good deal for all those services. My cell bill alone is $190.00+. I'm thinking about dropping the landline and go with viop. I THINK the cell service can be handled with viop as well, but I'm not sure about that.
On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 1:15:49 PM UTC-5, Eagle wrote:

P.S. That's a pretty crappy subject line.
On 12/10/15 2:43 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

No, not really-- it's concise, descriptive, and says exactly what he wants to know.
--
NY City reports it's struggling to keep booming population of stray cats
under control. Tough one. Have they tried “Cat-Free Zone” signs?

I was hoping to not get too personal about ones living costs because everyone has different budgets they follow for monthly living. ^^
On 12/10/2015 4:15 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:

But meaningless information without more detail. I pay $160 and $67. What does that tell you? How can you compare services unless I tell you more?
Ed Pawlowski formulated on Thursday :

OK, what do you pay for internet access? For TV? Do you bundle TV internet and landline together? Do you have your cell included in your monthly bill with your TV internet and landline? Is that a little better, Ed?
On 12/11/2015 10:23 AM, Eagle wrote:

Better.
I pay $160 for DirecTv for a middle package, no HBO type premiums. We watch a lot of History, Nat Geo and the like. We have 2 DVR and 3 regular sets.
The $67 is landline phone and DSL internet 12/6
I had cable for years but the local cable company sucks. Overall, DTV has been reliable and good quality. OTA here is useless.
It happens that Ed Pawlowski formulated :

OK Ed, thanks much! So your DirectTV bill is about $227.00 per month for TV with two DVR's and 3 satellite TV boxes [HD?]no premium TV channels, DSL internet and one landline, right? Not bad but two DVR's?
On 12/12/2015 9:22 AM, Eagle wrote:

Originally, the DVR could record two shows and you had to watch either one of them or a previously recorded show. Life was just easier with two DVR. With the new one I can record 4 or 5 at a time but I just never bothered replacing the second one.

The home TV sure has came a long way. With the Direct TV I can record about 5 shows at once. Then every room can record and play back. I have 3 sets hooked up and an option for 4. Also can stream much of it to a wifi device.
I am using a Republic smart phone that costs $ 12 per month for unlimiated call and text and if around a wifi system unliminated internet. That thing will stream the TV around the house.
I just need to find time to watch some of the recorded shows. More stuff on than I have time to devote to the boob tube.
Ralph Mowery laid this down on his screen :

My Wife records Her shows and movies then edits out the commercials. I do the same, but not on all My programs. I should on the Discovery channel for 'Street Outlaws' and on the Velocity channel for several of My favorite shows, as well as 'Animal Planet' programs.

Seems that many of the educational programs like you mentioned and some others are about all commercials. My box has a 30 second fast forward button and I have just about worn it out skipping over the commercials. The to top it all off, after a commercial they repeat about the last minuit or two of what was just on. A half hour show is about 15 minuits after all that.
On 12/12/2015 2:02 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

My HTPC can be told to remove commercials from recorded content so that it just plays the source material without "inconveniencing" me with their appearances.
Ed Pawlowski used his keyboard to write :

Are you paying rent on both DVR's?
On 12/12/2015 3:43 PM, Eagle wrote:

Yes, a DVR (high def) is $10 a month. A receiver is $6.50 so I'm only paying an extra $3.50 to have an additional recorder. For comparison, if you have only 1 TV the $163 I pay could be cut by about $30
Ed Pawlowski brought next idea :

Why not just buy your own recorder?