How much would you expect to pay

for this router bit in the UK,thats if you could aquire this type of bit over here. :-(

I'd say in the region of 50GBP

The3rd Earl Of Derby

Depends if it's made fromSwiss Cheese or high quality steel. Without a brand name you don't know.

Reply to
dom

It is carbide tipped,the steel looks good quality. The quality is superior, the cut is ultra fine finish.

Branded or Unbranded you wont find this in the UK. Hence me having to buy in the states.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

is sold mail order in the UK for £36.03. Since you're buying from George, you (probably) won't get dinged for VAT/duty so it's better to compare the price with the non-VAT cost of £30.66

Pete

(who's also just got some bits from this vendor ... will try them out later)

Reply to
Peter Lynch

Where's that then,would like to see their range?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Peter Lynch

Oh,axminister id look at them befor searching ebay.

Cheaper to buy off George,I've saved 57GBP on ombined purchase thereabouts. :-) and that cutter is just on 36GBP alone but the one I purchased has more profile.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

14.96 GBP at Rutlands.
Toby Sleigh

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I don't believe that can be determined by eye. Sure you can identify monkey metal, and poor finishes, but it's not until you use a cutting tool you know how nice a cut it produces, how well it keeps it edge, and especially with a larger router bit - how good the concentricity/balance is.

As another poster says, that yellow colour looks like the Perform range from Axminster.

Bearing in mind the previous, I bought the Peform version of the bit for cutting recesses for draught strip (the trend bit was $$$) - and it cut seasoned oak well. I wouldn't expect it to keep it's edge as well though.

Reply to
dom

But at the end of the day it boils down to...its cheaper to import, particulary If you're buying more than 4 to 6 bits a time.

The perform one is not identicle to the bit in the URL I posted,similair yes.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Get a life

Reply to
Mr Alun Davies

Well you obviously havn't,otherwise you wouldn't be reading all the post in here.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby