HF Cordless Multi-function tool

New product. Uses Lithium batteries, Sixty bucks.
Can be used for slashing tires in parking lot, carving Halloween pumpkins, removing deer antlers in the field, cutting loose the **!@* fishing line from propeller.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumberg097

Here they are used to relieve you of your catylitic converters.
On 5/23/2009 12:33 PM ransley spake thus:

I was going to say, damn HF for giving thieves another great tool.
I had the catalytic (note spelling) converter on my Toyota van neatly sawed out a couple years ago, probably using a portable sawzall. They did such a neat job it looked like the pipe had been cut on a bandsaw with a miter gauge.

I bet that was kind of obvious, when you went to restart the car the next day? I wonder how much used cadillac (note spelling) converters go for? Less than new ones, I'd guess.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
I was going to say, damn HF for giving thieves another great tool.
I had the catalytic (note spelling) converter on my Toyota van neatly sawed out a couple years ago, probably using a portable sawzall. They did such a neat job it looked like the pipe had been cut on a bandsaw with a miter gauge.
I saw on Truck Universe where some company has come out with a system of thick wire cables to shield the cats to prevent their being cut off.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

It's not illegal to BUY them - maybe SELL...
But you CAN buy them. There's bags and bags of them for sale on Craigslist. Here's an example:
http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/1166703557.html
Here's over 11,000 for sale on Ebay http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw talytic+converter&_sacat=See-All-Categories

That third one looks like mine that was stolen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5MZB3lRAi8

That's some seriously impressive advertisement. I wonder if the real device works as well? I could see some uses for one of them.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

350.00 but decided to try the HF for 35.00 and it works pretty well. I was surprised. I will use it often but not everyday so I hope it lasts a little while.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"
1D10T wrote:

That's an example of why HF's tool is so cheap. They don't speed millions on high-tech YouTube videos.

Plastic gears are another reason.