death in group

Page 8 of 11
trader_4 has brought this to us :

Oh, so now you know exactly what happened to him. Why don't you share that with us? Did he have a telephone at home where even in a weakened state he could have dialled 911? What did the coroner say the heart related issue was exactly?
I didn't say that any possible rule would have made any difference, only that the circumstances helped me to form the opinion that some rules probably hadn't been followed. It is normal security procedure for a drug store to have someone on the roof for days?

You took an equation of the form AΌ and substituted the letters V,I,and R and claimed it is a formula known as Ohm's Law. Formulae take into account *all* of the relationships between the values, not just the select few or one that you want them to.
Ohm's Law can be used to determine the third value when the other two are given. If the current and the voltage are both zero, what is the resistance? I have a resistor in front of me on my desk. There is no current or voltage, so what's the value of its resistance?
It doesn't have any resistance value, it does have resistivity and shape which can be used to calculate what the resistance would be if it were in a dynamic circuit, but as it is the idea of resistance itself is not defined.
Resistance is the opposition to the flow of charge, if there is no charge flowing, what is there to oppose? Ohm's Law comes from a dynamic system where there is current, voltage, and resistance. Not from fault conditions like open or shunted (isolated) zero current conditions. If you want to work with it and have no zero problems, you use limits where you are manipulating the values it can only get close to but not equal to.
Since you refused to believe that there is a difference between an equation and a formula or between 'voltage loss' and 'voltage drop' even after I pointed you to a math site which you apparently just ignored and a professional electrical engineering site which told you they were different, by saying that it was badly written, wrong, and didn't define the terms, and then posted that ridiculous V=IR is a formula post, I simply gave up on you.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sat, 27 Aug 2016 15:27:26 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

He had both a home phone and cell phone. See this page: http://www.chrisyoungsshop.com/wordpress/
βœ–
On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 6:38:25 PM UTC-4, Don Wiss wrote:

Not for nothing, but that info was posted over 6 years ago. I'm not saying he didn't still have a cell phone, but I just did a quick phone number search (just with Google, not any deeper).
What I found is that if you Google the 742 number (the non-call number), you get all kinds of hits for Chris Young's Shop. A couple of local papers in the area, a "service" related site, etc. None of the sites I looked at (the top 4-5 hits) list the cell phone that the wordpress site does or any other number besides the 742 number.
Then, if you Google the cell phone number (704) shown at the wordpress site, the only hit for Chris Young's Shop is on Page 2 but it's for that same wordpress site, so that doesn't help much.
We could probably look back and see if Stormy participated in the many "smart phone" related discussions in this ng and see what he said, but I'll leave that for someone else to do.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 08/27/2016 05:49 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

If he had a mobile phone it probably wasn't very smart. No reflection on Stormin. I carry a LG flip. It makes phone calls, end of story, although receiving half assed text messages seem to be in its repertoire. Sending text messages sure as hell isn't in mine.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 6:38:25 PM UTC-4, Don Wiss wrote:

I picked up the phone and dialed both numbers.
The 742 (home) number returns a busy signal. The 704 (cell) number rolls right into voicemail. I think I just listened to a dead man's voice.
It is indeed the number for Chris Young's Shop. He is not available, but you can try his home phone if you would like.
I can't explain why, but I did not expect his voice to sound like it does.
Add pictures here
βœ–
trader_4 has brought this to us :

Coroners don't make those kinds of determinations.
[the rest of your BS snipped]
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 08/27/2016 04:01 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:

Back when I was wearing a plant engineer hat I would hire contractors for some jobs. They came, did their thing, left, and sent the bill. They were adults and I wasn't riding herd on them. The exception was when they didn't show up and i had to canvass the local bars to find the crew.
Add pictures here
βœ–
rbowman wrote on 8/28/2016 :

I'm probably just too used to government work. If I had to open a hatch on a roof for contractors, I would have to make an entry in the pass down log indicating such. Anyone closing up would have to review the log for an indication that it was closed again before going home for the day. Walgreen's is just a commercial enterprise with a building full of drugs, so maybe security isn't a major concern for them.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 8/28/2016 8:51 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:

How often did you have to do that? How often does a Walgreen have to do it? How many Walgreens even have access? One rule does not apply to every situation.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 8/28/2016 9:40 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Clearly the solution is to have a man on the roof watching over the man working on the rood. And to have a mat at the roof hatch watching them both. And a man at the bottom of the latter watching the guy at the top of the hatch. And a guy near the phone to call for help. And a guy between the guy near the phone and they guy at the bottom of the hatch to relay any such message. You will need to add a supervisor for the group, as well as add one person to the H.R. department and one person to the regulatory compliance department.
Add pictures here
βœ–
on 8/28/2016, Taxed and Spent supposed :

That seems rather silly compared to just being aware that someone is on the roof and the hatch is wide open.
They apparently have *some* security for inanimate objects.
http://www.theredheadedpharmacist.com/?p 51
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 12:58:20 PM UTC-4, Taxed and Spent wrote:

I think you see my point. LOL And meanwhile DerbyDad found that Stormin had a cell phone, very likely he had it with him. So, the same thing, with the same outcome could have happened at home, where he spent 10,000 times more time than on that roof.
Add pictures here
βœ–

The ONLY thing that would have changed the outcome is if he had a helper with him. He wasn't able to find enough work to keep himself fully busy, so it would not make sense to have a helper. And you don't need one to clean the drains.
What should have been different is his body should not have been on the roof for three days in the sun. You can be sure there was not an open casket funeral.
Mormons discourage cremation, but they do allow it.
I have not heard back from Mr. Key. On this page: http://www.chrisyoungsshop.com/wordpress/?page_id=2
He sends people with newer cars to Mr. Key to replace lost keys. I went to the website and send them an e-mail. I first asked about the access to the roof, as that was what we were discussing Friday evening when I wrote it. I ended with:
And I thought it would be nice to let his sister know that there are a slew of people that cared about Chris. But I didn't find his sister's name.
The best way to read a newsgroup is with news reading software. Google Groups also shows newsgroup activity, but it isn't properly threaded. Here is the thread there: https://groups.google.com/forum /#!topic/alt.home.repair/U_PDtPnI5pU%5B1-25%5D
Do you know how to contact his sister? Do you have any more information on Chris's death?
Thanks for taking the time to respond.
[end of included excerpt]
I suppose someone could call the phone number for Mr. Key.
βœ–
On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 3:31:50 PM UTC-4, Don Wiss wrote:

No, I got all my info here. I know someone posted that they sent an email to the funeral home and got no response. Who knows what happened there. You would think the FH would send it on to his sister or other family members.

Add pictures here
βœ–
On 08/28/2016 01:58 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

Having an EMT or PA on staff wouldn't hurt.
Add pictures here
βœ–

That Walgreens has "Immunizations available." So for at least some hours of the day there is a nurse by the pharmacy. I wouldn't think they would have a PA to give shots.
Had there been a helper, I would expect the helper to call 911 and not even think about the nurse downstairs.
βœ–

They don't have a nurse give shots. What happens is that one of the pharmacy staff takes a short course on giving immunizations (my impression is that it's half a day) and then does all the shots. My son works for Walgreens and I've had immunizations at CVS both in NYS and that's what both do. Other states may vary.
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.gov writes:

This is what I've seen as well.
I get flu shots at my doctor's office. They already have my insurance info and my medical records. They do walk-in flu shots the same as the chain stores do, but seem to be much more competent.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sun, 28 Aug 2016 23:30:59 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.gov wrote:

In Ontario pharmacists can give injections
Add pictures here
βœ–

They still have a nurse at the one near you? The Walgreens in my area all got rid of their nurses and make the pharmacists give injections. I know a woman who was a nurse at the local Walgreens and one day they came in and told her she was laid off.
I would expect that someone at the store would have been aware there was someone working on the roof and that he hadn't been seen since. Shouldn't the managers keep track of this sort of thing? Shouldn't they know that someone had taken the key to the roof and hadn't brought it back? Shouldn't they have had a log where outside vendors sign in and out when they're doing work on company property?
Add pictures here
βœ–