Penn State DCs?

I bought a 2HP single bag unit a couple years ago. The bag gets clogged up quickly and then it really stops being a DC. But that is probably not PS's fault, it is a problem with single bag units. I was too dumb to know better, but now I have more room.

However.... they advertised it as an 18a motor, but shipped as a 16a. When I complained, they didn't bother to answer. Also, claiming it as 65db; at what, 2 miles?

So I am not a satisfied customer. But their 2hp with cannister filter seems to be the best buy around. It is not as powerful as some other 2hp, but it is priced well, and 9a is about all I can give it; since it must live with my TS that also takes 9a. Was my bad experience with PS an anomaly, or should I shop elsewhere?

Reply to
Toller

I've bought a number of things over the years from Penn State and haven't had any problems worth mentioning. Dick

Reply to
Dick

My only experience with a return with them came when I bought the DC-250 a couple years back. I had originally planned to use it at 220, but changed my mind after finding I miscounted the number of unused spaces in my subpanel. I ordered the remote at the same time as the DC.

When it got here, I called Penn State, and told the nice lady on the phone of the change in plans and asked to exchange the 220V Long Ranger for 110V. They must have shipped the

110V version the same day as my return passed it in the mail. No extra shipping charge for the new unit, no restocking fee, and they even had me return the remote collect..

They had me as a repeat customer for that. Everything else I've bought from them have been small items, but I have purchased over $200 in clamps plus some lathe tools, and other misc objects from them. If I ever clear the tunnel that contains the lathe, I intend to try some of their pen kits. Never a foul up on multiple orders. I like their weekly email specials, and end up buying something from that 2-3 times a year.

Color me satisfied with their products and service. My only regret on the DC is that they came out with the 1 or 2 micron bags about three months after I bought mine. I do wish I had those bags instead of the 5 micron. I suppose by now I've got enough cake on/in the bag that it is down to 1 micron passage. It still handles my luggable planer, TS, RAS etc one at a time just fine.

My 2 cents.

Regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy

Fabulous looking stuff, Richard. Those cues are enough of a reason to take up pool. A real treat visiting your site.

Reply to
Robatoy