Penn State vs Jet Air Cleaner

Debating betwen the Penn State AC620($189 w lifetime warranty - Special price) or the Jet AFS1000b for $199

Anyone have personal experience with these to compare them. No comparison info on google.

hda

Reply to
A.I.

I only have the Jet 1000B, so I can't give you a direct comparison. I've been using it in my garage shop for about 9 months now. I really like the remote control and timer features, as well as the 3 speeds. I often turn it on low when I'm not doing large dust producing tasks, and then ramp it up to high if I'm sanding or using the bandsaw or something. Of course, this doesn't take the place of a good DC. I was pretty amazed at how much dust get's collected in the filters, so the unit is definitely taking dust out of the air that might otherwise be in my lungs. I give my Jet unit a big vote of approval.

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

. I was pretty amazed at how much dust

I do run a Dust Collector and I also use 2 air cleaners...unfortunately one is a home built unit the other a Delta..so I can not offer much imput on the Jet or Penn State units...

I can say however that like Mike...the filters in both air cleaners are removing dust.... lots of dust in fact...

My concerns are honestly not about my lungs..I just like working in a clean shop...and using the DC and the filters has really made my shop a much "cleaner" place to excape to...

I did find a need to hook up a timer on the Delta unit to keep it running an hour or so after I leave the shop for the day however...so I rate the timer pretty high on the Must Have feature...The Varaible speed I do not need...I run on high all the time and am not bothered by the faint noise they make....

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G

No experience with the Jet, but I do have the Penn AC465 kit; it does nicely in my little shop.

I would point out that the three 12" x 24" Penn units use the same pre-filters and filter bags, so the only real differences are the CFM and the bells and whistles.

Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Reply to
Fred McClellan