My new Penn State DC arrived

Ordered the Penn State DC2000 dust collector. I haven't given it a real test yet but it seems to work fine.

However .. I'd like to meet the idiot who wrote the installation instructions. Half the steps were missing. Well, of course I could figure them out, but would it hurt to have a few more pictures? Or maybe some arrows showing where things connect?

The lower dust bag is a beast to connect. I'm going to sew on some small neodymium magnets to hold it in place so that I can more easily put it back on after emptying it.

Sometimes I wonder if the people who build these things ever use them?

Jack

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

How loud is it? Did you get the muffler for it? Can you hold a normal converation while it's running or do you have to raise your voice over the noise?

I've been looking into getting a bandsaw and setting up a small shop in a segregated apartment room and I'm concerned about noise.

Reply to
Upscale

You can hold a conversation over it easily without shouting with the muffler. I've never run mine without so can't comment on how loud it is otherwise.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

A friend of mine has a sound level meter. I'll ask to borrow it and see if I can get some measurements for you. It's rather subjective to say whether it is too loud for people to talk over the noise. If it's my sister talking, a 747 wouldn't muffle her mouth.

jack

Upscale wrote:

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

Remind me not to ask if I can date your sister. I'd appreciate the results of your test with the sound level meter. Did you get the muffler with your Penn State?

Reply to
Upscale