death in group

I think you see my point. LOL And meanwhile DerbyDad found that Stormin had a cell phone, very likely he had it with him. So, the same thing, with the same outcome could have happened at home, where he spent 10,000 times more time than on that roof.

Reply to
trader_4

The ONLY thing that would have changed the outcome is if he had a helper with him. He wasn't able to find enough work to keep himself fully busy, so it would not make sense to have a helper. And you don't need one to clean the drains.

What should have been different is his body should not have been on the roof for three days in the sun. You can be sure there was not an open casket funeral.

Mormons discourage cremation, but they do allow it.

I have not heard back from Mr. Key. On this page:

He sends people with newer cars to Mr. Key to replace lost keys. I went to the website and send them an e-mail. I first asked about the access to the roof, as that was what we were discussing Friday evening when I wrote it. I ended with:

And I thought it would be nice to let his sister know that there are a slew of people that cared about Chris. But I didn't find his sister's name.

The best way to read a newsgroup is with news reading software. Google Groups also shows newsgroup activity, but it isn't properly threaded. Here is the thread there:

Do you know how to contact his sister? Do you have any more information on Chris's death?

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

[end of included excerpt]

I suppose someone could call the phone number for Mr. Key.

Don.

(e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

Having an EMT or PA on staff wouldn't hurt.

Reply to
Marcus Welby, MD

That Walgreens has "Immunizations available." So for at least some hours of the day there is a nurse by the pharmacy. I wouldn't think they would have a PA to give shots.

Had there been a helper, I would expect the helper to call 911 and not even think about the nurse downstairs.

Don.

(e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

I can't see Wallgreen (or even the soon-to-be-owned-by-Wallgreen RiteAid across the street) sacrificing retail space at the front of their store for a staircase. Maybe they did. Corner entrance stores I've seen have registers along one wall and shelf space along the other. I suppose there could be a catwalk above the ceiling so the stairs wouldn't have to be right at the front, but I wouldn't be suprized at all the the whole facade, including the little window, is wholely decorative.

I wonder how they got him down.

Fake ID

There is clearly a tower on the roof in the front corner: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Liberty+St+%26+Elm+St,+Penn+Yan,+NY+14527/@42.6601404,-77.0566999,63m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x89d0e5cd4c1789c7:0x1e3bcec0d09948c6!8m2!3d42.660598!4d-77.0561319

Wearing nose plugs.

Don.

(e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

...and the baking process would make him lighter!

Reply to
bob_villa

He is gone, and what we can do to honor his having participated in this group is to try to be polite in our responses to those posting we do not agree with. That is what he would have wished us to do.

Reply to
hrhofmann

I can go along with that

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Why don't people honor all those who are currently participating in this group by trying to be polite in our responses to those posting we do not agree with? Why does somebody have to die? But that is a rhetorical question, as it will not happen anyway. Not for everyone, anyway.

But I like your thought.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

They don't have a nurse give shots. What happens is that one of the pharmacy staff takes a short course on giving immunizations (my impression is that it's half a day) and then does all the shots. My son works for Walgreens and I've had immunizations at CVS both in NYS and that's what both do. Other states may vary.

Reply to
knuckle-dragger

Working in places where someone notices that you exist would help too. These chain stores go for the cheapest labor and get rid of people as soon as they have some experience (and are paid a bit more money). They're not places for anyone who actually cares about people.

That they could have someone lying dead on their roof for 3 days speaks volumes about the work environment there.

Reply to
Bud Frede

They still have a nurse at the one near you? The Walgreens in my area all got rid of their nurses and make the pharmacists give injections. I know a woman who was a nurse at the local Walgreens and one day they came in and told her she was laid off.

I would expect that someone at the store would have been aware there was someone working on the roof and that he hadn't been seen since. Shouldn't the managers keep track of this sort of thing? Shouldn't they know that someone had taken the key to the roof and hadn't brought it back? Shouldn't they have had a log where outside vendors sign in and out when they're doing work on company property?

Reply to
Bud Frede

This is what I've seen as well.

I get flu shots at my doctor's office. They already have my insurance info and my medical records. They do walk-in flu shots the same as the chain stores do, but seem to be much more competent.

Reply to
Bud Frede

I know some people who have been very upset by this kind of thing. They think the Mormons should mind their own damn business. I'm sure that people also get mad at hearing that their loved ones have been retroactively baptized into another religion.

I've had more Mormons show up at the front door than Jehovah's Witlesses. With the Witlesses, I just tell them I'm a Satanist. For the Mormons I ask them why they belong to a cult and if they're aware that the founder of the Mormon Church was a petty thief and con man.

Have a nice day! :)

Reply to
Bud Frede

I suspect they do it in Utah, where they control the government. I'm sure that the church signs off on any new legislation or taxes, so I don't see that they're going to do anything to discourage the practice.

Reply to
Bud Frede

Why? He was dead already, so who cares what happens to the corpse? (Other than the people who had to come pick it up.)

Reply to
Bud Frede

No, I got all my info here. I know someone posted that they sent an email to the funeral home and got no response. Who knows what happened there. You would think the FH would send it on to his sister or other family members.

Reply to
trader_4

You nailed it. Nasty on them and on relatives who sometimes have to ID them or unwisely request a final viewing of the body.

Reply to
Robert Green

I haven't had either show up at my door in a long time. Maybe it's the bikes in the driveway or my general Heathen attitude. I don't have any use for any of those middle Eastern religions from Mo and the boys onward.

Reply to
rbowman