death in group

alt.ham.radio

Reply to
clare

I went to Google Groups and searched on Stormin Mormon. The only recent posts were to alt.hvac (which we knew) and alt.locksmithing. Both groups had the original article reposted by TomR. I added the condolences link to each.

He may have posted in a Mormon group recently, but my news server did not have the group.

Don.

(e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

Same here..., had not seen it. Thanks for posting it.

Reply to
TomR

I just found his posts on alt.ham-radio (I couldn't find alt.ham.radio) and I posted a notice there.

Reply to
TomR

He posted some in misc.survivalism

Reply to
My 2 Cents

He's dead, if that's what you mean by "peace."

Gods peed? That's a weird thing to say.

Reply to
Bud Frede

I hope I get that lucky. I don't fear death. I fear dying.

Reply to
Seymore4Head

sorry to hear that he passed away that is assuming the identity of Stormin Norman is of the individual in the news article.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

someone said he owned a blazer. that would make it an S10 blazer. I have seen him hang out on

as stormin mormon. this website is currently down.

He was also on newsgroups alt.trucks.chevy & trucks.chevy

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

That was him. His obit was posted a couple of weeks ago too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Going undiscovered for days is the most peculiar aspect to his death. The writeup implies a connection between the cops looking into his vehicle and the store employee checking their cctv. That may not be the case, but I wonder how much longer is may have been if the cops hadn't inquired.

A couple other cases like that. One in RI made the news because the death was not discovered until a year later and supposedly the TV stayed on the entire time. Another was circa 2000 where someone made entry to a home they bought at a tax auction and found the remains of the pevious owner in a recliner. He'd died 5 years earlier. A neighbor had cut the weeds down a couple times a year, but no one had checked on him.

Fake ID

Which is why I questioned the store's security/visitor policies earlier in this thread (or maybe It was the other thread about Stromy's passing).

How come no one knew he was still on the roof when they closed? Someone gave him access to the roof yet they didn't have his name even after his body was found?

What's that line on the new Burger King commercial? "Somebody is going to get fired."

Reply to
DerbyDad03

If access to the roof was considered a "confined space", Mormy should have reported to a manager. That manager is responsible to check on him "regularly" according to OSHA regs.

Reply to
bob_villa

on 8/25/2016, DerbyDad03 supposed :

One of the articles I read on this subject stated that Mormy had 'self-access' to the roof. I took that to mean that he had his own key to the space.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Confined or not, someone in management should have been involved. I doubt that the non- management staff has the authority to grant access to non-public spaces in and around the store. They may have the *ability* to give someone access I doubt that they have the

*authority*.

One of the early articles said he was "granted access to the roof".

What may have happened:

Stormy: "Hi. I'm here to clean the roof drains. Can you show me the door to the roof?" Employee: "Go through that door to the stock room and up the ladder on your left."

What should have happened:

Stormy: "Hi. I'm here to clean the roof drains. Can you show me the door to the roof?" Employee: "Please wait here while I call the manager." Manager: "May I please see some identification? Thank you. Please sign here and please let me know when you are done."

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Do you have a link to that article? This article states that he was "admitted" to the roof, which I take to mean that someone in the store gave him access.

DerbyDad03

My guess is that someone just showed him how to get indoor access to the flat roof to begin working. It may have even been though a hatch door in the ceiling of a back room that also has a built-in ladder up to the hatch. And, of course, that person could have gone off duty not knowing if he had already finished work and came down or if he was still up there.

And, as I wrote previously, I suspect that he just suffered a sudden cardiac death (where someone suddenly collapses unconscious and their heart stops), and never knew what happened and didn't suffer in any way. And, in that event, unless someone happened to witness that collapse, or by some chance happened to have checked on him with the first 4 or 5 minutes of the collapse, having someone check on him any time after that would have been too late to do anything to revive or save him.

Again, this is all just speculation on my part based on the limited information that we have available. But, I suspect that his passing was sudden and that he did not suffer in any way.

Reply to
TomR

All of this is similar to closing the store with someone still in the restroom.

Regardless of whether they could have saved him or not, someone should have been aware that a non-employee was still on the premises before closing the store and leaving.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Reviewing my two browsers' history to URLs and following links therein turns up nothing except what you have noted. I remember seeing that 'self-access' (a bad idea) and wondering to myself if that was even legal, let alone something an insurance policy would allow.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

I doubt it was a hatch door. Buildings like that would have a stairs leading to a bulkhead. He would have closed the door to the bulkhead. A hatch would usually be left open.

A member of an acting club that I am also a member of recently died of a heart attack. He went out for a walk. He collapsed at the door to his building. No one noticed him for a while. And when they did he was dead.