death in group

Page 6 of 11

Same here..., had not seen it. Thanks for posting it.
On Sunday, August 7, 2016 at 2:30:13 PM UTC-5, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

No they haven't...thank you!

Have the other newsgroups he frequented been notified of his death? And these links posted?

This is a good idea, but what other newsgroups did he use, and are any of those newsgroups still "active". I recall seeing his name on other newsgroups in the past, but the only ones I can recall, are some of the automotive repair groups. Those groups are all but dead now. I know he posted to alt.hvac too. (Which is still a bit active), and saw a post on there about his passing.
I did a google search for his name, and found there are many people with that name, and the search results were useless.
On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 12:44:24 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

I just found his posts on alt.ham-radio (I couldn't find alt.ham.radio) and I posted a notice there.
On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 12:44:24 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

I went to Google Groups and searched on Stormin Mormon. The only recent posts were to alt.hvac (which we knew) and alt.locksmithing. Both groups had the original article reposted by TomR. I added the condolences link to each.
He may have posted in a Mormon group recently, but my news server did not have the group.
On 8/8/2016 8:55 PM, Don Wiss wrote:

On 8/7/2016 8:20 PM, Don Wiss wrote:

someone said he owned a blazer. that would make it an S10 blazer. I have seen him hang out on www.S10planet.com as stormin mormon. this website is currently down.
He was also on newsgroups alt.trucks.chevy & trucks.chevy
--

Dilbert Firestorm

remove *byteme* to email me
On 8/4/2016 11:32 AM, misanthrope wrote:

sorry to hear that he passed away that is assuming the identity of Stormin Norman is of the individual in the news article.
--
Dilbert Firestorm

remove *byteme* to email me
On 8/21/2016 2:53 AM, dilbert firestorm wrote:

That was him. His obit was posted a couple of weeks ago too.

Going undiscovered for days is the most peculiar aspect to his death. The writeup implies a connection between the cops looking into his vehicle and the store employee checking their cctv. That may not be the case, but I wonder how much longer is may have been if the cops hadn't inquired.
A couple other cases like that. One in RI made the news because the death was not discovered until a year later and supposedly the TV stayed on the entire time. Another was circa 2000 where someone made entry to a home they bought at a tax auction and found the remains of the pevious owner in a recliner. He'd died 5 years earlier. A neighbor had cut the weeds down a couple times a year, but no one had checked on him.
On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 3:52:37 AM UTC-4, Fake ID wrote:

Which is why I questioned the store's security/visitor policies earlier in this thread (or maybe It was the other thread about Stromy's passing).
How come no one knew he was still on the roof when they closed? Someone gave him access to the roof yet they didn't have his name even after his body was found?
What's that line on the new Burger King commercial? "Somebody is going to get fired."
On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 9:02:58 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

If access to the roof was considered a "confined space", Mormy should have reported to a manager. That manager is responsible to check on him "regularly" according to OSHA regs.
On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 10:13:47 AM UTC-4, bob_villa wrote:

Confined or not, someone in management should have been involved. I doubt that the non- management staff has the authority to grant access to non-public spaces in and around the store. They may have the *ability* to give someone access I doubt that they have the *authority*.
One of the early articles said he was "granted access to the roof".
What may have happened:
Stormy: "Hi. I'm here to clean the roof drains. Can you show me the door to the roof?" Employee: "Go through that door to the stock room and up the ladder on your left."
What should have happened:
Stormy: "Hi. I'm here to clean the roof drains. Can you show me the door to the roof?" Employee: "Please wait here while I call the manager." Manager: "May I please see some identification? Thank you. Please sign here and please let me know when you are done."

Maybe he top posted his signature.
On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 11:54:15 -0500, Vic Smith

his sig could not be found - - -
On 8/25/2016 10:48 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Yeah, sure. I think you work for a largish corporation that may have rules like that. Local stores not so much. IIRC, someone said Chris has worked for this place in the past so he may have been known and thus had full access.
He may have been working for the building owner, not the store itself. That would exempt him from some store rules as he was not working for them, just passing through. Store manager, the 18 yo high school part timer has no policy to cover the situation and certainly has not had training (or common sense and experience) to cover the situation. Chris went up a back stair, the kid went out to wait on a customer and never sees or cares what happened after that moment. Then the kid leaves at 5 and the next clerk locks up at the end of the night never knowing anyone ever came there.
On 8/25/2016 10:13 AM, bob_villa wrote:

A roof with only the sky above is not a confined space though. One of the reasons it is covered by regulation is lack of oxygen from chemicals in the confined space. Not much chance of it happening on a roof.
I've had roof acess in places I worked and there was no regulation, no checking with anyone. Up the stairs and open the door.
Roofers have other regulations but they would probably not apply, not that would they help since he did not fall off.
On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 6:09:01 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

It does meet criteria: "A confined space is a space large enough for a worker to enter, is not designed for "continuous employee occupancy," and has limited means for entry and exit".
https://ohsonline.com/Articles/2015/07/01/OSHAs-New-Confined-Space-Standard.aspx