death in group

The FB pic that I was referring to is at the top on this Facebook page:

.

Reply to
TomR

Okay, I don't know what happened in your case or why it didn't keep working and/or why they asked for proof of your identity. In my case, I set up two different fake Facebook accounts using just a fake name and an anonymous hotmail email address for each account. I never post anything and I never reply to friend requests, etc. Since I never posted anything, I didn't do anything that would offend anyone or would prompt anyone to complain about me of either of my two fake Facebook accounts.

Reply to
TomR

RIP

Reply to
ChairMan

Your instincts to keep your ID private are correct. Identity theft is rampant today. ID theft is a major pain-in-the-ass to repair. There's no way I'd share my ID with FecesBook.

Have you tried scanning your driver's license and then editing it with photo editing software like Gimp?

Reply to
Buster

What would this do? Make you younger? Fool the police? Not sure of your purpose? (UM do not answer!)

Reply to
bob_villa

Exactly, to bad it wasn't the colon on that roof. I KNOW no one would come looking for him. I would take bets that the buzzards wouldn't even eat him

Reply to
ChairMan

He is only liked at alt war vietnam. Which is infected with fruit loops and left wing loons. He is their hero. gag

Reply to
Jack G.

I've always wondered why they dont also have a DISLIKE button????? Seems rather one sided....

Facebook is a DISEASE. It's infected almost everything. You cant even open a naewpaper or magazine, watch tv, or go to any webpage, without seeing that ugly blue "f" icon. Using photo editing software, I took that "f" icon, and added "uck" after it...... If you ask me, Facefuck (thats what I call it), is the worst computer virus of all time....

Reply to
Paintedcow

No, honestly I don't. My first name really is Joan.

Maybe it's because I filled in no other details such as work or where I live. Nor did I provide a picture.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

He often talked of being a locksmith and doing refrigeration. The area in NY state matches. The address will get you to a satillite view of a trailer park and he often said that was where he lived.

Winston_Smith

Where is Stormy when we need him? There are at least 2 or 3 subject lines that need changing in this thread. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

The ONLY thing I used the account for was to post comments to some news stories. I did make a comment about #BLM saying it was the clan with a tan. Must have riled someone up although I did receive

108 'likes' to my comment.
Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

Hahahaaaaa, I love it! I always just called it "FaceButt" but I like FecesBook better. I may have to borrow your term on occasion if you don't mind.

I did scan it but no, I've not tried to edit it with Gimp, never have used that software/service.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

Nope. I have never been asked and they have nothing from me beyond my name. But like Mike I used an SMTP e-mail address.

Don.

(e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

I went and looked at the GIMP site and everything I was reading flew over my head like a supersonic jet. I don't even know what I would supposedly be editing.

:-(

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

Yes, RIP Christopher. Godspeed!

Reply to
John Albert

There but for the grace of God, go we.

Reply to
Danny D.

Well, there's your answer. Post that crap on FB and someone is going to complain to FB and FB is going to require a proof of identity or whatever.

Reply to
TomR

What I posted doesn't hold a candle to some of the comments I've seen over there.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a relative of the colon or wilky

Reply to
ChairMan