death in group

Page 3 of 11
In wrote:

P.S. On his Facebook page, it does show that his last post there was at 8:10 AM on 07/19/2016, apparently the day that he went up on the Walgreen's roof to unclog the drains. Also, his Facebook home page has a photo that I assume is him. If it is, he looks young for being 54 and appears healthy.
On Friday, August 5, 2016 at 11:34:04 AM UTC-4, TomR wrote:

Well now that you brought up pics....
I'm not a facebook member, but I joined out of curiousity on this. Following the link here, I saw a FB page for his business, but not a personal one. On the business page, I saw where someone named Chris Young had "liked" or reviewed his business page. I thought maybe that was also him, so I looked at that person's FB page and there I saw a pic, but it sure doesn't look like someone 54, more like 35. That left me wondering if the person who liked his business page was a son? But the new question is what FB pic are you referring to?

The FB pic that I was referring to is at the top on this Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/christopher.young.7524 .

We don't know how old that picture is. On dating sites people often put up old pictures to make them look younger than they are.
He is overweight. And we don't know if he exercised or what his diet was. Though presumably he did not smoke, drink alcohol, or drink caffeine.
On 08/05/2016 12:26 PM, Don Wiss wrote:

Maybe Stormy was bangin' one of the clerks when his heart gave out? Nice way to go, sure beats checkin out in a nursing home
On Friday, August 5, 2016 at 11:34:04 AM UTC-4, TomR wrote:

As I'm sure you know, appearances don't mean squat when it comes to our health.
A few years back a good friend of mine - mid-50's at the time - had just spent the afternoon putting in the docks at his cabin. He looked like he was in better health than his 2 sons that helped him.
Later that day his wife wondered why he was taking so long in the shower and went in to check. She found him lying on the shower floor, the fatal victim of a massive heart attack.
Last month a co-worker came in on a Friday and told us that her husband, a big, strong, softball-playing, motorcycle-riding construction worker hadn't been feeling right for a few days and decided to go to the doctor. He was diagnosed with cancer. They were told that it was treatable and had an appointment for the following Monday to set up a treatment plan. By Sunday afternoon he was gone. The entire episode took less than a week.
Looks can be very deceiving.
Per DerbyDad03:

My late brother, when he died of a heart attack at age 44, looked like one of those Mixed Martial Arts guys.... solid and ripped.
--
Pete Cresswell

Per Uncle Monster:

No supplement, but he had been on some wacko 90+ percent protein diet a few years before and I suspect that didn't help matters any.
But the underlying cause was a genetic defect that kept the liver from breaking down cholesterol.
When he was doing the lab part of med school, they had to draw their own blood and centrifuge it. He said that the plasma (?) part of his looked like heavy whipping cream and he knew he was dead meat at that moment.
--
Pete Cresswell

I feel exactly the same way as youy do about Facebook. I dont like it, and dont want to use it. This situation just adds to my dislike for it. Just because I have not sold my soul to Zuckerburg, by allowing him to get wealthy by stealing my identity, I am lied to, and told the page dont exist is a real crock of shit. If I wanted to post something I could understand having to log in, but just to view it, makes no sense. No other websites require logging in to just "look".....
Did you know that Zuck is not the 6th most wealthy person on Earth? FOR WHAT????
Sorry for getting preachy, but I hate FB and the whole concept. All FB has done is ruin the internet at the expense of the lives of everyone stupid enough to use Zuck's piece of shit, and made him wealthy in the process.
Actually, I do have a completely bogus FB account too, if I can remember what I used to sign up. I set it up for a pet, but I hate FB so much I have not wanted to even use it.
I did want to see Stormy's picture and what he had to say at this sad time though.... But I guess I cant do that unless I add to Zuck's wallet.....
On 8/5/2016 12:05 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

My kids post there so I do too. Told my daughter in law that our new granddaughter always looks great on FB as when we see her in person she cries ;)
On Friday, August 5, 2016 at 10:21:59 AM UTC-5, TomR wrote:

Ok, PLEASE share how you set up a junk account. I did, too, and it worked for about 2 weeks then they demanded to see some proof of who I am. I made a copy of my drivers license, blocked out my real name, along with address, city and state. I've uploaded this information to them twice but I can longer access anything (every damn thing has to got through crappy Facebook now)and they keep saying they need proof of who I am. GRRRRRRRRRRR
I surely would appreciate any tips.

I do not use Facebook. But I have an account under my real name. What I did is not enter anything, except my name. I post nothing. I accept no friends requests. I did find that I had liked something someplace. I figured out how to remove that. So it is a completely empty shell. But it is enough for me to see other accounts.
If someone wants to see his picture, e-mail me and I will send.
On Fri, 5 Aug 2016 14:09:19 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster wrote:

Do you two have 'funny' real names? (No need for details, just y/n).
I was never asked by FB for any proof. At the time, I was using an SMTP address provided by my cable company. (i.e. not Hotmail, Gmail, etc.)
I too have no FB friends, etc, and only use the account to log in for 3rd party sites as needed. Every few months I get an 'inactivity - please log on to confirm' message.
--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm

I have never gotten such a message. But then I never log out, so to them I'm logged in all the time.
On Friday, August 5, 2016 at 9:51:43 PM UTC-5, Mike Duffy wrote:

No, honestly I don't. My first name really is Joan.

Maybe it's because I filled in no other details such as work or where I live. Nor did I provide a picture.

On Saturday, August 6, 2016 at 2:08:53 PM UTC-4, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

Where is Stormy when we need him? There are at least 2 or 3 subject lines that need changing in this thread. ;-)

Nope. I have never been asked and they have nothing from me beyond my name. But like Mike I used an SMTP e-mail address.
On Fri, 5 Aug 2016 13:25:53 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann

I belong to a local small non-profit group. I made a website for them some years ago, and got a gmail acct for their email. I few members wanted me to make a facebook page. I told them I'm sorry, but I want no part of FB, but if someone else wants to make it, that's fine. Someone else did, and they swapped 2 of the zipcode numbers around (typo), for a real town and address and real business. They used the groups gmail address. Since I get all of the email sent to me, I got one from Facebook, DEMANDING that I fix the zipcode error, or they would automatically do it, if I did not do it within 10 days or something like that. Apparently they check every goddamn detail. Precisely why I want nothing to do with them. Our groups FB guy did fix the error, but I really was pissed about it, and handed over the email address to him.

Okay, I don't know what happened in your case or why it didn't keep working and/or why they asked for proof of your identity. In my case, I set up two different fake Facebook accounts using just a fake name and an anonymous hotmail email address for each account. I never post anything and I never reply to friend requests, etc. Since I never posted anything, I didn't do anything that would offend anyone or would prompt anyone to complain about me of either of my two fake Facebook accounts.
On Friday, August 5, 2016 at 11:39:03 PM UTC-5, TomR wrote:

The ONLY thing I used the account for was to post comments to some news stories. I did make a comment about #BLM saying it was the clan with a tan. Must have riled someone up although I did receive 108 'likes' to my comment.